cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Yahoo Mail SPAM filter

brianlala
I've been here awhile

I've been a Rogers customer for the last two decades or more, but lately (past ~6 months or so) a much larger proportion of my incoming Rogers Yahoo mail messages are being incorrectly marked as spam, requiring me to check my spam folder multiple times per day. These are messages from senders I have been interacting with for years, and I have also (repeatedly) marked as "not spam" (and even tried adding to my Yahoo mail contacts).

Any new senders' messages nearly always end up in the spam folder.

Note: I use a custom personal domain that redirects email to my family's various @rogers.com addresses.

Has anyone else experienced this?

***Edited Labels***

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Rogers Yahoo Mail SPAM filter

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That's very strange.  Knock on wood, my spam filter has been working very well.  Some people have mentioned that they have been seeing more spam in their inbox, but not misdirected proper e-mails.  I'm not sure if this will help but go into Settings - More Settings - Filters and add filters for the e-mail addresses that are ending up in spam to direct them to the inbox instead.  You could try a couple of e-mails to see if it works.

You could also try PMing the moderators here to see what they have to say.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Blog/How-to-send-a-Private-Message/ba-p/487946

You could also try a few test messages that bypass your personal domain to see if it's the source of your problems.  Send e-mails directly to your @rogers.com e-mail addresses.  When a lot of e-mails come from a single source that source is often flagged by Yahoo/Rogers as a source of spam.

brianlala
I've been here awhile

Thanks, I did try some filtering/rules but it seems spam filtering happens first, then whatever gets thru gets my filters applied so that wouldn't really help.

I have a strong suspicion this has to do with my custom domain because I've never seen any @rogers.com emails get flagged as spam since this started happening.

brianlala
I've been here awhile

And right on cue, 3 messages (related to this forum (from communityforums@rci.rogers.com) just came in to my @rogers.com address and they were all flagged as spam! So obviously disregard the above and I think we can rule out custom domain... Rogers' OWN emails are going to spam so things appear to be quite broken.

Joifrey
I plan to stick around

I could not find an appropriate place for this message, sorry! I have been a Rogers Yahoo! Mail user since the beginning. 

In the last 2 weeks or so I have been noticing that more than half of my "non spam" emails (legit contacts) are being sent to spam. Each and every time I select them and click on "not spam" but after a few minutes the messages are going back to spam. 

I can verify that these contacts are legit and are in my address book. I am wondering if there are specific words maybe being used in the emails that are causing them to be flagged as spam? Where could I possibly find that setting? 

Any help will do... this is a MAJOR deal breaker for me as I use Yahoo! Mail for 90% of my work emails. 

Please and thank you,

Jeff

Joifrey
I plan to stick around

I am having the exact same problem. So frustrating... my problem seems to have started a few weeks ago. I really hope someone can fix this otherwise I will have to move over to another provider. PLEASE!!!!

Joifrey
I plan to stick around

Who are the moderators we should be PMing? 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There's a link on how to PM in post 2 of this thread. Also, simply click on @CommunityHelps when logged into this forum and click on "Send a message" or similar on the right side of the page after you click.

jsummerhayes
I've been here awhile
We have recently changed to ignite and it may be in our imagination but it seems to have grown since then. We get tons of proper emails in our spam folder now so my husband is having to check it several times a day to make sure there aren’t important ones in there since he uses it partially for working. I would like to know what’s going on all of a sudden without having to go through a two hour call with rogers

Not to mention there are a few very spammy emails that are spam Pretty obviously that are appearing every day

MAK49
I've been around

Mine have just started  going directly to  spam or trash...pretty much all of them. Weird and annoying.

Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 in conversation