cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Yahoo Email Contacts - HELP

barbottawa
I'm here a lot

I am having a problem with my rogers.yahoo email. My contacts have disappeared yet when I type the first letter in an email, they are offered to me. That would be okay, except that I am unable to change an existing "contact". For example, one of my contacts changed their email address. I can add them as a new contact with their new email address, but when I type the first letter, the OLD contact email address always comes up. I can't change this or delete it because it is NOT in my contacts. I cannot restore my contacts because this has been with Rogers for over two months now and yesterday they told me they couldn't help. It is very frustrating and would appreciate any suggestions.

*Edited Labels*

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Rogers Yahoo Email Contacts - HELP

RogersMoin

Hello, @barbottawa

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. Based on the description of the issue, it seems like the issue is browser related. Which browser are you using? Have you tried your webmail on a different browser/computer?

I've tried Chrome and Firefox for my account and I'm able to access contacts and edit them. I'm assuming you are using the Full Featured version of the webmail, have you tried switching to the Basic version to see if the Contacts become visible?

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I usually use Firefox on my desktop PC. Have tried IE and Chrome - both have the same result. On my laptop, using Chrome, it is the same - no contacts.

I switched to basic and have only the four contacts that I have added recently, one being the old contact that changed her email address. Only the new email address comes up when I put in the first initial. So all of my contacts are gone and I am able to add new contacts, but I would rather have all my contacts available to me when I put in a letter. Is there any way around this as I prefer the full featured version? 

As to why your actual contact disapeared.. no clue on that one.

But as for the other thing.  
When you start typing in the TO field, your seeing 'contacts' there.  Those ones really arent always contacts.
It will show contacts from your contact lists there.
It will also show listing of emails that you have recently sent to, or have recently received.
These are likely the ones that you are seeing here.

Also, in the full featured version, one of the contacts I have added does not come up when I type the first letter. A bunch of other names come up, but not one in my new contact list??

Hello, @barbottawa

Have you checked the Deleted Contacts folder? If nothing is listed there and the contacts are missing for more than eight days then they can't be restored. 

For future reference, to restore the contacts; go to Contacts, click on Actions/Restore from backup and you shall see a drop down listing eight previous backups. 

Thanks,

RogersMoin

BS
I'm a senior advisor

This is from Google search - it may help - supposedly there may be a feature that keeps contacts back to a certain date.  Don't know if the feature is active anymore https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN22055.html

Actions is above the list in the middle with dots beside the name actions.

It doesn't seem to go back very far, but worth a try.

Give that a try

Bruce

barbottawa
I'm here a lot

Thanks, but restore only goes back 7 days and by the time I noticed this, it was beyond recovery.

BS
I'm a senior advisor

Was worried about that for you.  But worth a try - hope it won't be too difficult for you to rebuild your contact list.

I would be lost if I lost mine.

Good piece of information for all about the importance of more than one copy of our calendars, and contacts. Still love to know how they got lost - can't come up with an idea at all. But technology is not always perfect, even though we kind of operate like they are always right.

My mother if she was living would say, my contact management is simple, I have a paper address book that she had for over 50 years - every single change was in there, so it also helped her to maintain her knowledge of people so it provided for conversation starters and being a good friend.  There are good reasons for keeping old information on people.

And all critical numbers were in the front page of her phone  book, - she tore out that page each year, taped into the next one, and began to write the new ones in as they came or changed.

I know that I don't have my emergency numbers easy to find for people - they would need to know my passwords, know how to get into them and so forth.

Ahh, how technology is often not designed well for our "accidental" losses, and the multiple uses we have for them

Just anecdotal comments, from an old guy - one of my siblings still has all those numbers - great for knowing who to call at the time of one's funeral, or someone is sick, or an emergency occurs.

Like I said, all the best in rebuilding your contacts - been there, done that.  That is the problem with what are known as automatic rolling back up systems - means that after a certain period of time it no longer can be recovered, you have to keep some manual backups of your own.

Happy holidays all.

Bruce

taxdoc
I've been here awhile

restore my contact lists --messed up from hacketers

yes how can this be fixed

I need a person to talk to to fix this problem.

Hi @taxdoc,

I want to welcome you to the community 🙂 and thank you for your very first post!

How do you normally check your emails? Do you use an email client such as Outlook? Are you using an @rogers.com email? The contacts can only be restored if you have created a backup.

Thank you
RogersJermaine

Topic Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 in conversation