cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers App Password Generator

timchase
I've been here awhile

How long will Rogers be working to resolve the app Password Generator that has been down for a week. 

***Edited Labels***

66 REPLIES 66

Re: Rogers App Password Generator

NadineC
I've been here awhile

Wondering the same thing...

RogersYasmine

Hi @timchase & @NadineC  !

Thanks so much for posting here in the Community!  🙂

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the 'generate new App password' functionality on Rogers Member Centre.  However, please note that you can still use webmail as an alternative option at: https://ca.rogers.yahoo.com/.

If you can send us a PM, we'll be happy to submit a ticket on your behalf. To get started, please send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Thank you,
RogersYasmine

peterkrug
I've been here awhile

Hi @RogersYasmine

I have been trying for the past two days to generate an application password following the instructions at:

https://www.rogers.com/support/internet/set-up-a-yahoo-account-on-a-device-or-email-program#divSecti...

instead of an application password, I have been getting the message:

Error Something went wrong on our end. Please try again later. OK

I appreciate Rogers providing a community forum for users to share problems they are having Rogers.

I see from posts by @timchase and @NadineC that I am not the only one seeing this problem. If you haven’t already, could you be so kind as to submit a ticket for all of us and let us know: (i) if Rogers is aware of this problem, (ii) if Roger’s plans to fix it, and (iii) if Rogers plans to fix it when the fix might be available.

Thank you.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@peterkrug wrote:  ... let us know: (i) if Rogers is aware of this problem, (ii) if Roger’s plans to fix it, and (iii) if Rogers plans to fix it when the fix might be available.

As stated in another App PW thread, Rogers is aware of the situation and is working on a fix and there is no ETA at this time.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-create-app-password-for-Rogers-Email/m-p/50...

Rogers typically only create tickets for individuals if you PM them (or contact them in other ways)

timchase
I've been here awhile

Thanks but Rogers Webmail sucks. It's like a beginners format to sending/receiving emails. I like my Outlook as i have 20 addresses to check at any given moment. Last 2 weeks I've been pushing my rogers contacts to a new Gmail account and then soon leaving rogers but I will create a ticket for the benefit of everyone involved. 

peterkrug
I've been here awhile

@timchase - Thanks for offering to create a ticket on the broken Rogers apps password generator. I share your view of the Rogers Yahoo mail service.

Same issue - we were told to use an email client like outlook to download and preserve all the email we have so we don't lose it when our old @rogers.com email is turned off and now the solution for preserving our email history is broken.  

davcon1
I've been here awhile

I also require the Password Generator as my Email also went down in Outlook and was coincidently hacked about the same time along with my Ebay Account.  (where my Ebay account info resides) Seems to be an open opportunity for rogue activities.  Check your accounts! Change your PWs.

AndrewStock
I've been around

We are still not hearing from Roger's as to when, AND/OR if they are planning to fix the issue with Yahoo or will just abandon the ability to create a fix for the issue.  If not, tell us, so we can select an new email provider.  I have been trying to forward my email to a third party, self hosted email system.  But as usual the instructions don't match what is presented in your email settings.  Also, is it possible to have a mass forward of the email that is presently only available in webmail to be forwarded out of the system to my own email host?

Thanks to everyone who may be able to help me.

NadineC
I've been here awhile

This is just plain ridiculous. I think they just gave up on the issue and are hoping we will forget about it. I run my own small business and highly depend on my email. The Web version is just horrible...

Paulavis
I'm here a lot
Has anyone taken notice that Rogers Outlook outage is now 35+ days, with no communications to its subscribers unless initiated by their client? Is it not amazing that yesterday the Fed's authorized a $20 Billion takeover of Shaw by Rogers and they can't even fix a password generator between Outlook and themselves going on five weeks now? I have been using Outlook since its introduction in 1993 and have a directory system set up to handle all the emails. At 66, I really don’t want to invest my valuable remaining time moving to another platform. On a daily basis, I call Rogers Tech at 1-888-764-3771 and ask what’s happening. I am told that they have a team of engineers working on resolving the issue. The good news is that Rogers didn’t play a role in developing the COVID-19 vaccine, as they would have most likely put one engineer on the project!

Rogers's pre-Shaw takeover had approximately 11.8 million Wireless Subscribers and approximately 4.8 million homes in their coverage area. I am taking a fly here, but I think they must have at least 0.5 million subscribers using MS Outlook, including businesses. If I am correct, how many of them are now switching to Bell or Telus, or other carriers that do not have this interphase problem? My issue is that I have been using Outlook since its introduction in 1993 and have massive directories in play. Switching to another platform for me is not going to be a walk in the park, so it is a road at this time I do not want to travel.
UNLESS?

Can anyone suggest another platform with an interface that can convert Outlook files to the new platform run by a corporation that is looking out for its subscribers? 

ROGERS – all the carries are the same, or does anyone out there think differently? I have been loyal to Rogers for almost two decades, but this relationship seems to be one way of late. They no longer communicate with the subscribers other than to have third-party companies call you to ask how wonderful their people were in solving your issue on a previous call. They do not learn anything of this data as being a communications company they are among the worst communicators out there. I would rather discuss my issues with my dog, who at least seems to show some genuine concern and sympathy during our conversation which is an experience never felt speaking to Rogers.

I really do not want to have to switch Internet providers, however, the ceiling of tolerance between Rogers and my personal and business needs is showing cracks. All suggestions would be appreciated.

The future looks promising as most likely within the decade OPG will be our new Internet Provider as the electrical lines will be the new carrier of the signals. This technology is in the final development stage and will soon be available. The Rogers, Bells, Telus, etc. will have gone the way of the VHS, Beta, CD, and Laser discs unless they have a few satellites that they own in outer space. FYI, electricity flows around the wire which allows the wire itself to be repurposed to carry the physics of the Internet!

GO NERDS, GO!

rbdvproductions
I plan to stick around

Your above posts is exactly how I feel and the problems I am having as well, albeit, I am just 4 years younger than you!! I simply cannot believe they cant fix this problem. This is a joke on their technology people and moreover on their senior managers. They will lose many clients because they didn't even send out a broadcast to warn us of the problem and instead we had waste our time calling in to find out why we are having problems with Outlook on our computers. What a joke...once my contract with Rogers is over I am leaving them...what a way to lose a customer who pays close to $500 per month for family phones, internet, home phone, etc... basically the whole shooting match...      

BH8
I've been here awhile

My Outlook password was working until 11:00 am on April 2nd. What I don't understand is if they know the app password generator isn't working, why continue to sunset existing passwords?  Unbelievable...well it is Rogers, so I guess it's believable.  

nickvd
I've been around

Is Rogers ever going to get the generate code fixed in the members center? It's been over a month now. Can't use my email on my PC.  Only way to access it is threw the web which is a pain if you have more than 1 account.  I'm ready to cancel all my Rogers products and go where I can actually use what I'm paying for!

I have a ticket submitted and receive no communications from said Ticket which is to keep me informed. 

NadineC
I've been here awhile

Nobody is getting updated on anything. I hope they lose a lot of business over this!

Paulavis
I'm here a lot

I find it amazing that most of us, soon-to-be past Rogers subscribers, have had no connection with our Outlook for now entering on 6th week, and you just lost your connection.  This means that there may be hope as the single engineer assigned to the task must have turned something off, thus cutting your connection. YES, they have accidentally revealed that someone is working on the problem. 

TODAY, I GOT BACK MY OUTLOOK. Yes, note since February 28th have I received an email in Outlook. A program I have used since 1993. I called Rogers' Tech Support to enquire about the status of the fix and the gentleman who I spoke to me said that yesterday, he was able to generate a password on his system. On the member's site no such ability, however, there must be a partial fix as the in-house team can now generate a passcode that will allow you to reconnect to Outlook. I think Rogers should have communicated that this option is now available, but I am so happy to be back online with Outlook. The last seven weeks have been a struggle. Thanks, Teck Guy you made my day. Before leaving Rogers it's best to continue with the Devil you know than move on to the one you do not know. I just wish that Rogers Communications would be better at communicating with their subscribers! CALL TECH SUPPORT AND GET RECONNECTED TODAY 04/11/23!!! 

BH8
I've been here awhile

April 12, 2023:I just attempted a chat with tech support about Outlook.  They told they thought an update would be done tomorrow on the app password generator.  Fingers crossed. 

Is is still necessary to submit tickets for this known issue? My mom is 90 and unable to access email through Outlook and she gets very confused and frustrated using the browser version. This is basic stuff! Please fix it.   

Topic Stats