cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Provisioning issue and no internet for 80 hours and counting

eleung1998
I've been here awhile

I am a work from home engineer who relies on internet to do my job. I have spent over 15 hours on the last few days trying to talk to tech and have my issues resolved.

The technicians who came to my home to do the installation could not get the modem work and switch to a different one while registering a wrong serial number.

Since then I have had no internet and I have been told this issues would be resolved in less than 24 hours… but clearly it’s not the case.

They also said it has been escalated but I was not notified of any result.

Anyone can help?

***Edited Labels***

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Provisioning issue and no internet for 80 hours and counting

RogersRahul

Greetings @eleung1998,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

We definitely understand how frustrating the experience has been for you. We have received your PM and will be happy to continue assisting you there. 

Thank you,
RogersRahul

eleung1998
I've been here awhile

No you don't understand. Because if you do, my services would be back up already. It has been over 120 hours without services.

I am tired of the false promises you guys give out.

iggy33
I've been around

as someone who is viewing these Forums to help me decide if I wish to subscribe to Rogers Ignite service, I must say this post has me intrigued, I am anxious to see if this, quite frankly, major issue is addressed in a timely manor.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@iggy33 wrote:

as someone who is viewing these Forums to help me decide if I wish to subscribe to Rogers Ignite service, I must say this post has me intrigued, I am anxious to see if this, quite frankly, major issue is addressed in a timely manor.

This is highly unusual.  I do not know what the problem is at @eleung1998 's address but almost all installations typically go very smoothly.  I suspect that in this case, there is a bad cable to the home and (for whatever reason) it was not possible for the tech to run a temporary cable.

Chemistina
I've been here awhile
I'm experiencing a provisioning issue for a recent installation of a fibre optic internet system. Tech support says it's and IT issue and is software related in that the data packet to activate my service isn't getting sent from the server or it's corrupted (or any one of a handful of potential issues related to software). What I don't quite get is how something that is clearly cannot be isolated to my service could be such an issue with commercial software. Or at least I would assume that this is a commercially-available solution that rogers has purchase or did they design something from scratch and the coding isn't stable? Very frustrating from the customer end.

Hello, @Chemistina.

I appreciate you joining this thread, and welcome to our Community!

The service not getting provisioned is disappointing. I hope the issue has been resolved since you have posted here. If not, we can investigate and expedite the resolution for you. Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. We detailed more info about our private messaging in this blog

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 in conversation