cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Provisioning Issue

kgmd
I've been around

No idea where else to share this because nobody at any level of Rogers customer or technical support has any idea how to resolve this.

On June 10, I received an unsolicited call from Rogers in which they offered to replace my older Ignite modem with a newer gen 3 version as I'm on the 1.5Gbps plan. My old router was working fine but I figured sure, why not, and scheduled an appointment. Unfortunately, something came up and the appointment had to be rescheduled, so I did as the confirmation email suggested and called Rogers, only to be told that rescheduling is impossible and my only option was to wait until the technician called to indicate he was on his way and tell him to not come, so - as stupid as this suggestion was - I did so. Later that day, I called back to book a new appointment, and this customer service agent told me re-booking this appointment was impossible, so I just gave up, said forget about it, the router I have works fine, let's just leave it - no problem.

The next day, I wake up to an email from Rogers containing pre-paid Canada Post postage and indicating that I had 7 days to return the router by mail before I would be charged. I of course was not returning the router as I didn't end up exchanging it, so I called Rogers again and after over two hours on the phone with them ended up - I think - resolving the issue.

Everything continued to work fine after that, until yesterday when my service died. I called Rogers, and was told that my account had been cancelled - I did not cancel my account, I was not asked to cancel my account, Rogers did not have permission to cancel my account. Something about the nonsense of the past week ended up 1) cancelling the internet account, and 2) de-partitioning my router from my account. I spent over SIX HOURS on the phone with Rogers speaking to people at various levels in various departments - technical, account support, management - and none of them were capable of doing anything beyond sending a ticket to their backend team, which I was told at different points would be completed "in 2 hours", "in 3 hours", "in 24-48 hours", "in 72 hours", and "in 7 days". I have all the service ticket IDs, I'm receiving text messages indicating they're being resolved, and yet I still do not have internet access. I have now missed two full days of work and my employer has made it clear that if I cannot access what I need to from home by the time I am scheduled to be online tomorrow that my employment will be terminated.

It is beyond insane that Rogers' absolute incompetence is about to cost me my livelihood and nobody at any level can tell me anything beyond "sorry, the backend team is busy, just keep waiting until they feel like getting around to it". Not sure how Rogers expects me to continue paying my bill after being solely and directly responsible for zeroing my income but good luck collecting from me - you'll need it.

*Added Labels*

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Provisioning Issue

FL11
I've been here awhile

Having same problem since last 3 days. No help from rogers

Re: Provisioning Issue

RogersCorey

Good afternoon @kgmd!

I understand that this was far from a great experience and I'd like to look into the matter for you. Upgrading a modem should be a seamless transition.

Please feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation