cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Forwarding - Only Works From External Network

smiljka
I've been here awhile

I have setup port forwarding on my XB7 ingite wifi to point to a host/port on my lan. This seems to be working great when I access from an external network, but not working when trying to access from my lan. The service uses a dns record on an external domain name controller so it is not as simple as accessing using an LAN IP / PORT. 

Anyone experience this and is there a workaround? Never had this issue with a typical TP-LINK/D-LINK/ASUS home wifi router with port forwarding.

***Added Labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Port Forwarding - Only Works From External Network

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@smiljka For this to work, the router/gateway needs to support NAT Hairpinning, and I am pretty sure that the Ignite gateways cannot do this.

Edit: However, according to this thread, hairpinning may work if the two devices are on different LAN ports/network interfaces on the internal network.

Re: Port Forwarding - Only Works From External Network

smiljka
I've been here awhile

@-G- Thank you for pointing me to that thread, and associated issue. Unfortunately this did not work for me, but at least it lets me know that there are issues with NAT with this hub. I think this confirms I will need to find myself a wifi router with more features. 

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation