cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Philips Hue Bridge Connected to Modem

postcard1
I've been around

Does anyone have experience connecting a Philips Hue Bridge to their Ignite Modem? I have tried using mine twice. The first time was a year ago. I plugged it into the modem, everything was working great, and then after about 2 months of using it, I was experiencing severe internet issues. Halfway through the pandemic, we moved and I suspended our internet due to us not being there. 

Now, I have moved again, set up the Ignite internet, and plugged in the Philips Hue Bridge again. Same thing happened. Around two months of use, the modem seems to be struggling. For about 12 hours I have had the Philips Hue unplugged and the Internet has been fine since.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue with Philips Hue Bridge? Or if anyone has the bridge plugged in but it is working fine, did you do anything that wasn't in the instructions to set it up?

*Added Labels*

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Philips Hue Bridge Connected to Modem

RogersYasmine

Hello @postcard1,

I can see that you are fairly new to the forums! Welcome and congrats on your very first post! 

😊

To help get a better understanding of your situation, can you kindly answer some questions for us? 

- Have you tried removing/readding the Phillips Hue bridge as a new device?
- Does the issue persist if the bridge is connected to ethernet port 1 and 2?
- Have you contacted Phillips Hue support for advice? If so, what was their recommendation?
- Have you tested a secondary hue bridge to confirm/rule out a device fault?

I'll also loop in some of our Resident Experts to see if they have any ideas or input on the matter! @Gdkitty @Datalink @-G-

Kind regards!

RogersLaura

Re: Philips Hue Bridge Connected to Modem

I really don't know what to suggest.  If you search the Internet for "XB6 Philips Hue" you will see people asking for help on a variety of issues.  The other thing of note is that the XB6 is not just a Wi-Fi-enabled modem/gateway; it can also control a wide range of IoT devices, although Rogers does not support this functionality yet or advertise this capability.  Comcast customers can also control Philips Hue lights through the Xfinity Home app.  (Their web site says, "All lights on the website are supported, excluding the tap switch" and "Hue Bridge v2 (version 2) is required")

Clearly there is either an interoperability issue here of some sort but I don't know what could be causing it, and I find it maddening and frustrating that we have so little control over the XB6 (we can't turn off stuff that causes problems) and there is absolutely no technical documentation either, neither on the XB6 nor about any other piece of Comcast-designed equipment.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation