cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite Wifi Modem, STB - Lose Cable Connections?

jimdevonshire1
I've been here awhile

Hello all, My first time and sorry it is to belly-ache but it is what it is. Every time I move the router or the set top box even slightly...a cable will dislodge? Sometimes it's the HDMI cable falling slightly out or an ethernet cable AND even the power cord ! Which effectively shuts down my entire home network. Is there a newer machine with proper robust interface connections ? Right now I'm preparing to "duct tape" these cables.....Sad but true.

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite Wifi Modem, STB - Lose Cable Connections?

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
I just checked the power supply on my modem, it fits tight. I normally have no need to move any of the devices but I can.

Maybe take something from the old doctor joke about "it hurts when I do that?" "Then don't do that".

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
I have never seen that. Ethernet cables have a clip to hold them in, unless yours are broken. HDMI do not have a clip but I have never seen one, anywhere, that would easily fall out. The power cords on the boxes are USB C and hold really well.

jimdevonshire1
I've been here awhile

Thanks for the reply. These cables don't completely unplug but dislodge enough to shut the units down, especially the routers' power cable and the HDMI plug on the set-top box. You're right about the ethernet cable, it does have a locking clip but I am careful around its' contact too.  I have learned to just not touch these units at all, at least during the day when they are in use for school and work. 

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
I just checked the power supply on my modem, it fits tight. I normally have no need to move any of the devices but I can.

Maybe take something from the old doctor joke about "it hurts when I do that?" "Then don't do that".

jimdevonshire1
I've been here awhile

I have adopted that method of operation now Don't fix it if it ain't broke! LOL Thanks

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 in conversation