cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook 2010 IMAP Server Closed the Connection

ultrasuperman
I'm here a lot

For the last few days I have been trying to troubleshoot "IMAP Server Closed the Connection" "IMAP4rev1 Server logging out

Protocol: IMAP
Server: imap.broadband.rogers.com
Port: 993
Error Code: 0x800CCCDD"

Anyone have any idea what's going on? I have Googled everything and so far nothing has worked

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Outlook 2010 IMAP Server Closed the Connection

I'm surprised you've been able to run Outlook 2010 for this long. I was forced to upgrade Outlook 2011 for Mac three years ago. I think you're going to have to bite the bullet and upgrade.  See the following thread:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-Receive-Emails-on-Outlook/m-p/462836/highli...

Unfortunately the upgrade is not cheap.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RogersMoin

Hello, @ultrasuperman.

Thank you for being our Community member; I appreciate your post. 

Failure to receive emails in your Outlook 2010 can be inconvenient; can you elaborate on the troubleshooting done so far?

I'm assuming you can still access your emails through the webmail. Have you been using an App Password on your Outlook?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

PS: Even though you can still use Office/Outlook 2010, it has reached the end of support. Upgrading to a newer Office version for security reasons would be best. 

Hey, there isn't much to troubleshoot. I've gotten a new app password, I deleted the account and profile from outlook and triple checked the account settings and all the ports but nothing stops that error.

Yes I can access the web mail and outlook does work its just every few minutes that error pops up

I'm surprised you've been able to run Outlook 2010 for this long. I was forced to upgrade Outlook 2011 for Mac three years ago. I think you're going to have to bite the bullet and upgrade.  See the following thread:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-Receive-Emails-on-Outlook/m-p/462836/highli...

Unfortunately the upgrade is not cheap.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation