cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite Wifi Advanced Security started blocking important work-from-home websites

cswizzle56
I've been around

This morning Ignite Advanced Security started blocking a critical website I connect to for work. I am looking for advanced settings to whitelist these websites... the admin page for the router just refers to the app, but the app appears very basic and lacking functionality—no whitelisting, no port forwarding etc.

Is advanced configuration even possible? It seems like Rogers may no longer be suitable for tech professionals working from home.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Ignite Wifi Advanced Security started blocking important work-from-home websites

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@cswizzle56  Comcast has stripped the configuration options on their gateways to an absolute minimum.  There is no way for an end-customer to have any granular control over how any of the security options function.  The only thing that you can do is turn Advanced Security on or off.

Comcast provides a portal where their customers can request that a web site be removed from the block list but I am not aware of Rogers providing any such option, and I think that this would also be outside the scope of the Rogers Security team.  I would suggest sending a private message to @CommunityHelps to see if they can offer any assistance.

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation