cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia FastMile 5G 3.2 Drop 5G Connection to LTE

Charly003
I've been here awhile

Hello,

I bought a Nokia FastMile 5G 3.2 and it works fine but I noticed after a little while it drops the 5G connection  and goes to 4G. It will not reconnect to 5G unless I reboot the Nokia FastMile. It sometimes takes few hours to "drop" the 5G, sometimes it take only a few minutes. But something is sure, every morning I have to restart the Modem otherwise I'm stuck on 4G.  The 5G signal is strong and when connected to it the speed is what we will expect on 5G. 

Anyone had this issue before? I've contacted customer service they did something in my account apparently, but honestly it didn't change anything! 

**Labels Updated**

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Nokia FastMile 5G 3.2 Drop 5G Connection to LTE

RogersJermaine

Hi @Charly003,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums, and thank you for your post! It certainly can be frustrating to have to constantly reset your device for the 5G connection to return. Have you had this issue since installation? You can check and test the signal strength at any time by pressing the signal test button on the side of the gateway. If you are getting all three LED lights, then you should be getting a great signal. If you are getting two or even one LED light, you can try relocating the modem inside the home or setting it in a higher position.

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,
RogersJermaine 

Hello @RogersJermaine,

I moved it to different locations and again, it will stay connected to 5G for many hours and randomly default back to 4G. The Signal is not perfect, but it is strong enough to keep a good speed and quality. It seems like a known issue with the Nokia Fastmile, I search on other forum and many people are reporting this issue. On way to fix it is to lock the band to 5G, but we don't have access to that menu with the Rogers Nokia Fastmile. I have another 5G modem and I tried to use the SIM that came from the FastMile but it looks like the SIM is lock to the EIM of the Fastmile unfortunatly. Getting closer to my 30 days and I'm considering cancelling the service at this point. 😕

Hello @Charly003,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far, just an FYI the Rogers 5G Home Internet SIM will only work with the Nokia FastMile 5G gateway and vice versa.

Before you decide to cancel the service I would recommend you to contact our technical support team to have the drop in connection investigated. 

RogersZia

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation