cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet usage interferes with tv signal

chris1232
I've been here awhile

Hello,

I’ve recently got the modem replaced from the cgn3 with the coda 4582u, cgn3 modem got bricked. Anyways, whenever the internet is in use (on wifi or Ethernet connection) it disrupts the cable tv (distorts picture and lose audio).

Also note that the cable has been replaced recently from POE to the provided 2-way splitter. Swapped cable from splitter to modem with new one provided. Cable from splitter to digital box (next box 3.0 HDPVR) hasn’t changed.

Called tech support and they are sending a cable to replace the cable connection from the splitter to digital box, hoping that works.

However, been researching online and everything points to installing a MOCA filter which from the looks of it the tech did when replacing the cable.

Does another filter need to be added? If so, where? Did I get a faulty modem? Is there a modem setting to change?

Hopefully the cable swap will fix things but I was hoping someone could shine a light on the issue.

Thanks
Chris

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Internet usage interferes with tv signal

chris1232
I've been here awhile

Good news. As I left the building today saw a Rogers truck pull in and when I got home everything was fine, no more distortion. I assume a filter was placed on my line in the building's cable box outside.

There was a miscomunication and an ethernet cable was sent.

In case, this situation can help someone else here are the photos of the POE cable, splitter, modem, and digital box. I've tried powering the modem through both a power bar and wall outlet, neither resolved the issue.

IMG_0001a.JPGIMG_0005b.JPGIMG_0003c.JPGIMG_0002d.JPG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RogersMoin

Hello, @chris1232.

Thank you for your post, and welcome to our Community!

The distortion of the TV when the Internet is being used points to some signal interference. Where is the modem’s power plugged in? Is the modem’s power, or the coax plugged into a power bar or surge protector?

The tech may not have installed a MoCA filter; can you upload a picture of it?

Please keep us posted on the outcome after swapping the cable.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

chris1232
I've been here awhile

Good news. As I left the building today saw a Rogers truck pull in and when I got home everything was fine, no more distortion. I assume a filter was placed on my line in the building's cable box outside.

There was a miscomunication and an ethernet cable was sent.

In case, this situation can help someone else here are the photos of the POE cable, splitter, modem, and digital box. I've tried powering the modem through both a power bar and wall outlet, neither resolved the issue.

IMG_0001a.JPGIMG_0005b.JPGIMG_0003c.JPGIMG_0002d.JPG

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 in conversation