cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet & Cable TV Service Interruptions

BobM1007
I'm here a lot

Why am I getting "disconnected from server"  messages when using Rogers internet today. Why is my rogers TV also going black screen ?. TV service just stops... the screen goes blank not even static screen shows, then it starts up again.  Service is very erratic and no explanation from Rogers.

Internet, TV, it is the complete Rogers package that is NOT working.

Please tell me who I contact to discuss and share my issues. Is it the CRTC or is it a special person or Department at Rogers?

***Edited Labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Internet & Cable TV Service Interruptions

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@BobM1007  The Rogers network has also been glitchier than usual for me over the past few days, with slightly-higher-than-usual latency, occasional packet loss, and occasional latency spikes of hundreds (sometimes even thousands) of milliseconds... and I'm seeing these issues in multiple households.  I'm not seeing black screens with Ignite TV but I am seeing minor video glitches and audio drop-outs.  I think the Rogers network team are in the process of making/testing some network changes, and they are probably also busy trying to resolve hardware/software issues with their vendors..

The only thing that you can do is report the issue to Tech Support.  They will, almost certainly, deny any knowledge of any ongoing issues and deny hearing any similar reports from any other customers.  Hopefully, the instability and performance issues will get resolved shortly.

FYI, I'm starting to see signs that things are getting better.

Ping statistics for 8.8.8.8:
Packets: Sent = 1000, Received = 1000, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 8ms, Maximum = 29ms, Average = 17ms

This is not a long ping test but at least I'm seeing normal results, not this.

Re: Internet & Cable TV Service Interruptions

BobM1007
I'm here a lot

Thank you for your insightful and timely response. I have never had much luck with Rogers Tech Support but based on your recommendation, I will give them a try again.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation