cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet/TV outage

sprite34
I plan to stick around

I called in to report cable tv is down. Was told the area is affected and they will create a ticket.  When doing a search on the outage it pointed me back to Rogers website. I started a chat and asked what would have caused the outage and if there was an ETA. The response I got was we don't know anything and I would receive a phone call when it was fixed. Wow. You would think rogers would have an outage map with at least an ETA. Hydro one has this provision and wish rogers would implement the same.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Internet/TV outage

sprite34
I plan to stick around

I did call in the outage and used the chat about an hour after reporting it. I could not find the outage mentioned anywhere. When chatting I asked what the cause was and an ETA and was told she could not supply any answers.  The problem was finally fixed at 10pm and received an automated call 13 hours from rogers stating it was fixed. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RogersZia

Good evening @sprite34,

Welcome to the Community!

I appreciate your feedback and will be happy to forward it to the appropriate team. Just as an FYI, if we have any active outages, we do update them here. This page would take you to the outage post where you would be able to view the cause and estimated resolution time. 

I hope this addresses your concerns :).

RogersZia

sprite34
I plan to stick around

I did call in the outage and used the chat about an hour after reporting it. I could not find the outage mentioned anywhere. When chatting I asked what the cause was and an ETA and was told she could not supply any answers.  The problem was finally fixed at 10pm and received an automated call 13 hours from rogers stating it was fixed. 

jaydr
I've been here awhile
Well there is a live outage now that is not on that page (C193678007) - the live chat confirmed to me that multiple people have reported it in my area, so I doesn't seem that it is updated.

What's more there is absolutely no visibility to status of outages, pretty poor observability for a company of this size.

Hello @jaydr,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! We thank you for your post and do appreciate your feedback!

We understand the importance of staying connected and being aware of what is going on with your services. If there is an interruption to your connection, you can check out our main page here:  where you can connect with Anna, our virtual assistant, to check for any known outage in your area. You will also be able to sign-up for an email or SMS notification to keep you up to date on the outage and resolution.

Regards 
RogersJermaine

Saucy1
I've been around
That link takes me to a page that says "no service interruptions in your area". It is a dead end and NOT a link to a current outage map. Rogers is incredibly good at avoiding real customer service.
Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 5 in conversation