cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a new IP address

chris98
I plan to stick around

Hello,

I got an XB7 modem with an eero pro 6 router, i use bridge mode and use eero pro 6 for my wifi.

I'd like to get a new IP address i see that when i run my XB7 as a gateway/wifi i get a different IP address then when i use my eero pro 6, and like to change the IP address asscoiated with my eero as thats my main WIFI/ETHERNET tool. 

How do i go about this? ive asked rogers for a new modem , but they are almost useless.

Thanks,

Chris

*Added Labels*

2 REPLIES 2

Re: How to get a new IP address

Joel13
I plan to stick around

Not sure that I understand what you are asking for. Are you looking at using your Rogers XB7 routers as a router and your EERO Pro 6 as your router as well? 

Unless you are using a business account, to my knowledge, you are unable to have 2 separate public IPs. If you are looking for a different internal IPs, you can split your network as you wish and run your pool as you need. 

Joel Gallant
photography.joelgallant.ca
vero.co/joelgallant

Re: How to get a new IP address

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@chris98 wrote:

I got an XB7 modem with an eero pro 6 router, i use bridge mode and use eero pro 6 for my wifi.

I'd like to get a new IP address i see that when i run my XB7 as a gateway/wifi i get a different IP address

My understanding is that you currently run in two different configurations:

1. With XB7 in "gateway mode", with Wi-Fi disabled, and you have your eero in "bridge mode" and are using it as a Wi-Fi  Access Point
  2. With your XB7 in "bridge mode" and your eero acting as your router/firewall/Wi-Fi Access Point

then when i use my eero pro 6, and like to change the IP address asscoiated with my eero as thats my main WIFI/ETHERNET tool. 

Rogers assigns an IP address to the MAC address of your device.  When you are using your eero as an AP, you will be using the IP addresses that are assigned to your XB7 gateway.

With the XB7 in "bridge mode", you will be using the IP address that Rogers assigns to the MAC address of your eero's WAN port.

and like to change the IP address asscoiated with my eero as thats my main WIFI/ETHERNET tool. 

How do i go about this? ive asked rogers for a new modem , but they are almost useless.

I'm not sure what you mean by this or the problem that you are experiencing.  Also, using my numbering above, which configuration is causing problems for you, #1 or #2?

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation