cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers yahoo mail sign in issue - MFA enabled to the email address....

Morrisf
I've been around

Hi All,

As of today... yahoo signed me out of all sessions for my email...... when signing into Yahoo's portal for email it requests an MFA code from the email address in question... Even though MFA is enabled to my phone number.

Example:

Signing into the yahoo/rogers mail portal with my email (lets say friend@rogers.com)... Asks me to verify im human then before asking for my password, prompts me to get an MFA code that is sent to friend@rogers.com 

Its an impossibly endless loop... and because yahoo signed me out of all sessions already, there is simply no way for me to access my inbox to get the code. 

Ongoing issue? One off?

Ive been on the phone with support for over an hour at this point and they dont seem to be able to help

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Rogers yahoo mail sign in issue - MFA enabled to the email address....

RogersMoin

Hello, @Morrisf.

Welcome to our Community, and thank you for posting your email access concern.

If a wireless recovery number is in place, the verification code should be sent to the wireless number. I replicated the scenario, added a wireless recovery number, and clicked on forgot password. I got the verification code texted to my wireless number:

Most likely, the wireless recovery number was not updated in your case. We can investigate why you didn't get the text option. Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. We detailed more info about our private messaging in this blog

Regards,

RogersMoin

Re: Rogers yahoo mail sign in issue - MFA enabled to the email address....

hatemy
I've been around

I'm having the same issue.  Must ne a system problem and not an an individual one.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 in conversation