cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I stop Community Forums from crashing my browsers?

chdiamo1
I'm a reliable contributor

How do I stop the community forum websites from crashing ALL my browsers, even after clearing the cache, data and history? It is particularly evident when I try to reply to a post.

***EDITED LABELS***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do I stop Community Forums from crashing my browsers?

chdiamo1

Thanks 57, I completely disabled everything in Malwarebytes for the community forum websites. So far it's working, for now.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@chdiamo1 : Have a look at the following post with more tips regarding the Rogers Websites:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/MyRogers-Rogers-Apps/Tips-for-Rogers-Websites-amp-Apps/m-p/491...

I've had no difficulty today.  How long has this been happening for you?  The tips such as disabling adblockers, or other extensions, pop-ups, incognito, VPN, etc may help...

chdiamo1

Thanks 57, I completely disabled everything in Malwarebytes for the community forum websites. So far it's working, for now.

chdiamo1

The Community Forum has resumed crashing Chrome and now also crashes Edge. Rogers can't get this forum to work as it should, just as it can't supply an application password! And Rogers sales people keep calling me on my landline (not with Rogers), suggesting I bundle ALL my services with Rogers!! Rogers just doesn't get it!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@chdiamo1 wrote:

1. The Community Forum has resumed crashing Chrome and now also crashes Edge.

2. Rogers can't get this forum to work as it should, just as it can't supply an application password! 

1. Although some people may have occasional issues with the forum, it is not Rogers fault that the browsers you use are crashing.  As discussed in my previous post where I provided several tips on how to avoid crashing - cookies, extensions, cache, etc.

2. We have many discussions regarding the app PW issue, which is not related to the browser at all.  I suggest you review recent posts in the various app PW threads on that issue.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 2 in conversation