cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hitron CODA-4582 bridge mode and port forwarding

chadanonymous
I've been here awhile

Hi there,

My setup is a Hitron CODA-4582 setup in bridge mode to an Eero mesh router.  Can't seem to get port forwarding working.  The Eero has the port forward setup correctly yet attempts to reach the destination from the internet do not work. I presume that the Hitron CODA-4582 in bridge mode just passes all packets through and there is no firewalling done on the Hitron itself. Is that correct presumption? Anyone else had an issue like this?

*Added Labels*

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Hitron CODA-4582 bridge mode and port forwarding

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@chadanonymous you are correct.  When the 4582 is in Bridge mode, there are no firewall, DHCP, wifi services, etc, etc, provided by the modem.  The modem is just a modem.  Although its a typical DOCSIS modem with a large amount of signal processing on the go, you shouldn't have any issues from the modem that would affect port forwarding with the eero system.  There are ports that aren't allowed to be forwarded when the modem is in Gateway mode, which don't come to mind at the moment, but I don't believe that would affect the eero system when the modem is in Bridge mode.  

chadanonymous
I've been here awhile

Does Rogers block or limit ports at the network level?

The only other explanation is that the Eero is not doing what it is supposed to be doing which I suppose is possible but seems unlikely (I hope). Guess I could tcpdump the connection off the modem via a hub to find out.

@chadanonymous there are a few ports that Rogers blocks but, I don't know what they are off of the top of my head.  The moderators should be able to tell you which ports are blocked.  

I recently upgraded to the Hitron CODA 4582U (Docsis 3.1)modem.  The network is setup with the modem as a Bridge (ie Residential Gateway Function disabled) and my Cisco RV325 as a router and also port forwarder.

Prior to this upgrade, port forwarding was working perfectly.  But ever since changing modems I cannot seem to get port forwarding to work even though I believe my Cisco router has the same settings as before.  Again, port forwarding is being done by the 3rd party Cisco router and I am not using the Hitron port forwarding since Residential Gateway is disabled.

The IP address of my router is 192.168.1.1 and IP range is 192.168.1.100 to 192.168.1.253.  The DMZ host on my router is set at 192.168.1.0.  The IP address of the modem is 192.168.0.1 (I now use 192.168.100.1 since gateway mode is disabled)

If I access the WAN ip in a browser, it takes me to the admin page of my cisco router (ie 192.168.1.1).  But any other ports (like port 81) do not work.  I have 4 ports forwarding to specific IP addresses in my Cisco router which have not changed from before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation