Email issue. Socket error 10060 connection timed out

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Email issue. Socket error 10060 connection timed out

I have an ongoing problem with my email. I'm using OE Classic Pro edition, but it also happened when I used Outlook 2010.  It happens sporadically - the connection times out and I get the following error message:

[ERROR] - An error occurred. Account: "pop.broadband.rogers.com", Protocol: "POP3", Task: POP3 get all messages, Server: "pop.broadband.rogers.com", Port: 995, TLS: Yes (1.0), Error code: 0, Error message: "Socket Error # 10060 - Connection timed out.", Last server response: "" For more details look in "Log" tab - error messages are marked in red color.

I've deleted the account and reinstalled it,  and have checked all settings but the problem keeps coming back.  Any ideas?

thanks

***EDITED LABELS***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: Email issue. Socket error 10060 connection timed out

Good afternoon @Swift1!

Welcome to our Community!

While I'm not familiar with this particular error, I will do my best to resolve this for you! I want your email to work reliably 🙂

Please have a look here: https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/email-setup and try setting up your account with IMAP settings instead of POP. Let us know if this resolves it for you.

Regards,

RogersCorey

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Email issue. Socket error 10060 connection timed out

I did try to set up with IMAP settings, but the error persisted. I don't know if this makes a difference or not, but the email program I am using does not have an SSL option, only TLS.  I have now changed the settings to pop.mail.yahoo.com to see if that helps.  I'll give it 24 hours to see if the error comes back.

thanks