cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email issue. Socket error 10060 connection timed out

Swift1
I've been here awhile

I have an ongoing problem with my email. I'm using OE Classic Pro edition, but it also happened when I used Outlook 2010.  It happens sporadically - the connection times out and I get the following error message:

[ERROR] - An error occurred. Account: "pop.broadband.rogers.com", Protocol: "POP3", Task: POP3 get all messages, Server: "pop.broadband.rogers.com", Port: 995, TLS: Yes (1.0), Error code: 0, Error message: "Socket Error # 10060 - Connection timed out.", Last server response: "" For more details look in "Log" tab - error messages are marked in red color.

I've deleted the account and reinstalled it,  and have checked all settings but the problem keeps coming back.  Any ideas?

thanks

***EDITED LABELS***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Email issue. Socket error 10060 connection timed out

Swift1
I've been here awhile

I did try to set up with IMAP settings, but the error persisted. I don't know if this makes a difference or not, but the email program I am using does not have an SSL option, only TLS.  I have now changed the settings to pop.mail.yahoo.com to see if that helps.  I'll give it 24 hours to see if the error comes back.

thanks

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RogersCorey

Good afternoon @Swift1!

Welcome to our Community!

While I'm not familiar with this particular error, I will do my best to resolve this for you! I want your email to work reliably 🙂

Please have a look here: https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/email-setup and try setting up your account with IMAP settings instead of POP. Let us know if this resolves it for you.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Swift1
I've been here awhile

I did try to set up with IMAP settings, but the error persisted. I don't know if this makes a difference or not, but the email program I am using does not have an SSL option, only TLS.  I have now changed the settings to pop.mail.yahoo.com to see if that helps.  I'll give it 24 hours to see if the error comes back.

thanks

I've been trying for awhile now to set up a new customer account but I can't seem to get into the right option and it just keeps staying on wireless projects

Hello, @TanyaLeeman123.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😃

Thank you for joining this conversation; we'd need more info to figure out what's hindering the email account setup. 

I'm assuming by a new customer account you mean a new Primary @rogers.com email account. Please elaborate on the following:

• Which email client are you using?
  • Can you log in to your email through Rogers Member Centre
  • What do you mean by wireless projects? Can you upload a screenshot of the error?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation