cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send emails from one of my accounts

i75Dave
I plan to stick around

I need specific help with one of my email accounts. I've reviewed all the help on both Rogers and Yahoo websites with no success. How can I contact by email, somebody who can help me?

I have an email account (book-order@rogers.com) which will not allow me to “send” and yet another one (i75Dave@rogers.com) which does.

Both accounts receive messages with no difficulty. I've compared their Account settings, Server settings and SMTP settings ... and both appear to be identical.

For the record, here are the identical settings: Server: pop.mail.yahoo.com Port 995 Connection security: SSL/TLS Authentication: OAuth2 SMTP Server: smtp.broadband.rogers.com Port 465

The error message I get when attempting to send with book-orders@rogers.com is as follows: An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: Request failed; Mailbox unavailable. Please verify that your email address is correct in your account settings and try again.

Can somebody please help? Thanks,

Dave

*Added Labels*

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Cannot send emails from one of my accounts

RogersCorey

Greetings @i75Dave!

Do you have any issues accessing and sending emails from webmail? If so, then it's definitely not a settings related issue and we'd have to submit a ticket for you.

I can see that you're still using POP. Have you created an app password in the Rogers Member Centre? If not, that may be the issue here. Please keep in mind that while we do provide POP settings, IMAP is recommended. Switching to IMAP may also be a solution for you.

Please see this link for all the necessary settings and instructions: Set up a Yahoo! account on a device or email program | Rogers

Regards,

RogersCorey

i75Dave
I plan to stick around

Dear RogersCorey,

Forgive me for not answering you right away.  We are currently in the middle of mailing books through a website mail order campaign, which expires on October 31st.

My original question was based on the fact that we are using bxxxxxxxxxx@rogers.com to receive orders, and in previous years have been able to send an order acknowledgement through the "book-orders" address.

For some reason, we have not been able to do this during the current annual campaign so have had to change to a different "sending" address as a work-around.

It's a bit more work but now is not the time to get into POP vs  IMAP - perhaps I could get back to you in November when the dust settles here.

Strangely, my other accounts, mxxxxxxxx@rogers.com and Ixxxxxxx@rogers.com have no difficulty sending or receiving even though they both use the same settings:

Server: pop.mail.yahoo.com Port 995 Connection security: SSL/TLS Authentication: OAuth2 SMTP Server: smtp.broadband.rogers.com Port 465

But thanks for your answer, it gives me something to think about and perhaps research when I have a spare minute.

Regards,

Dave

Is your other working account, using your ROGERS email password for the outbound settings?

Generally, for POP, you need to set up a 'device/app password' specifically for that device to use, for PoP outbound.
If I remember correctly, this was set up, to prevent if peoples credentials were stolen, that they cant be used for mass outbound mailings through the rogers servers.   That its locked to one device usage at a time sort of thing.

I think thats one reason why he mentioned imap.  
with the way imap is authenticating (through the yahoo servers), it doesnt require this.

i75Dave
I plan to stick around

Dear GdKitty,

This is something I will look into once our current Mailing Campaign is over at the end of October (see my previous message).

I just don't want to disturb incoming orders by changing passwords at this time.

I will get back to the community in November.

Thanks,

Dave

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hi i75Dave,

The thing is, they just want you to go into the Web based email portal and logging into your email account having trouble and doing a TEST to see if there is a problem with the email account,  chances are, there could be a problem but it could very well be easily fixed but in order to do so you need to confirm this with rogers email support.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

if you have already checked that you have all the correct settings then its likely the problem is not on your end and they need to fix it on their end, this is something really easy all you are doing is just checking if you can login and  perhaps send a test email or so.  this will have absolutely no impact on your existing mailing list or what ever it is you are using your emails for

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation