cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change Personal Icon in Rogers Yahoo Mail, tried with multiple browsers and OS's

boognish
I've been here awhile

So I have been trying to no avail to change my avatar (Personal Icon) on Rogers Yahoo Mail, so that my photo shows up when I email people.

I have tried with multiple browsers (Safari, Firefox, Chrome) and multiple OS's (Mac, Ubuntu).

It takes me to a page that says "Server not found."

I'm not sure what the problem is.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can't change Personal Icon in Rogers Yahoo Mail, tried with multiple browsers and OS's

RogersZia

Hi @boognish,

Welcome to the Community!

As of January 2015 Yahoo Profile has been removed, since then users are not able to edit the profile picture, nickname, gender, or date of birth from within the account settings.  You can find more information regarding the changes on the Yahoo Help Community.

RogersZia

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Can't change Personal Icon in Rogers Yahoo Mail, tried with multiple browsers and OS's

RogersZia

Hi @boognish,

Welcome to the Community!

As of January 2015 Yahoo Profile has been removed, since then users are not able to edit the profile picture, nickname, gender, or date of birth from within the account settings.  You can find more information regarding the changes on the Yahoo Help Community.

RogersZia

ddouglas
I've been here awhile
This really doesn't help. So we are stuck with old profile photos and alias? There has to be a work around.

Realize this is an old reported issue - but I wanted to comment.

This needs to be rectified.

Not allowing users ( that pay you for the service) to edit their profile as they see fit  is a little heavy-handed, and  seriously makes me way to switch providers (for all my rogers services).

Every time I read my email, I have to look at a profile picture of a 16 year old boy....  (I'm 55).  IT might seem a minor issue to you, Rogers, but this is annoying.

Yes, this is very bad.

I agree that its something that should be allowed to do.

But you would need to direct this at Yahoo.
Rogers is just using the Yahoo interface for their webmail, etc.

Its Yahoo's choice to remove this.. rogers does not have much control with it. 😞

imgjp
I've been around

Rogers is offering a Yahoo account therefore we are paying Rogers for Yahoo which offers free accounts. Why do we pay Rofers for email they cannot fix. 

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

No, you don't pay rogers for a yahoo account.
You pay rogers for a ROGERS email account.
Its just accessible, through a Yahoo Portal.

When/if (and I hope they do break away from yahoo), the email would still be accessible.

Please fix this issue!  It's very annoying! 😡

zeissikon1
I plan to stick around

This is not a solution and Yahoo help refers the issue back to Rogers. How can this be escalated?

realtorgig
I've been here awhile

I'm using my browser for business and my photo is of me pregnant when I was 26, I'm now 40 and a professional! The selfie in my bedroom is hardly appropriate. 

Cant' they just purge all images so we don't have to look at ourselves this way? 

I pray to God none of my clients see this. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Per post 2 of this thread, I'm not sure you can do anything about this.  I'm not sure if anyone actually sees your avatar.  

I found the following regarding Yahoo mail, but that's not the same as Rogers/Yahoo....

https://www.wikihow.com/Change-Your-Picture-on-Yahoo!-Mail

Edit - you should be able to send a test message to a friend, relative, or perhaps even yourself to see whether a picture appears...

zeissikon1
I plan to stick around
Correct, doesn’t work for Rogers yahoo. Years now and Rogers has still not resolved this.

realtorgig
I've been here awhile
My client just asked me when I was due. They most certainly can see it. She said she was using an android app. I stopped using my rogers email for business and use gmail.
Topic Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 11 Likes
  • 11 in conversation