cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Callback to Book an Appointment

PCao
I plan to stick around

is 1-866-654-8536 a valid Rogers customer service number ?

I received a voicemail from 1-866-654-8536 asking me to call this number back to take an appointment to have a Rogers technician to come to my home to maintain internet service, to check signal strength, or something in that line. Can someone please advise if this number is a valid Rogers customer service number as I could not find it anywhere on the internet.

The purpose of my question is to find out if this is a spam. 

Thanks.

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Callback to Book an Appointment

PCao
I plan to stick around

Update 2022/04/02:  I did call call +1 8666548536. It was a legit number and Rogers tech did come a few days later to my home. He checked internet & cable phone noise levels, and replaced an outdoor signal splitter. After the replacement, internet does not seem to be faster but it does seem to be more stable, phone noise seems to be reduced significantly. All in all, I was satisfied by his visit. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

evadh
I've been here awhile

I got a phone call earlier from 8666548536 saying it was from Rogers maintenance. They said there was noise and interference coming from my place and someone has to come in our place to check it out.  When I call the number back there was nothing about Rogers. Also they said if I contacted customer care they wouldn’t know anything about it.  Just curious if it’s legitimate.

evadh
I've been here awhile

I’m not sure if it’s a valid Rogers number because when I called it. There’s nothing about Rogers when the phone is answered 

Hello, @PCao & @evadh.

Thanks for being diligent and for wanting to confirm if the call was legit. It’s one of our departments which monitors noise levels in the signal.

When noise feedback is detected from your line, you will be contacted to have a tech call booked so that we can investigate the interference.

Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps so we can book the tech call for you. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog. Alternately, you can reach out to our tech support.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

PCao
I plan to stick around

next week, I will try to call 8666548536 directly to get a tech appointment, I will see how it goes.

thank you.

PCao
I plan to stick around

Update 2022/04/02:  I did call call +1 8666548536. It was a legit number and Rogers tech did come a few days later to my home. He checked internet & cable phone noise levels, and replaced an outdoor signal splitter. After the replacement, internet does not seem to be faster but it does seem to be more stable, phone noise seems to be reduced significantly. All in all, I was satisfied by his visit. 

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation