03-06-2022 06:47 AM - last edited on 03-06-2022 08:26 AM by RogersCorey
I'm having a new problem that recently just started happening that I need some help with:
Since Feb 28, 2022, the 2.4 GHz Wifi network band has stopped supplying Internet connectivity from my Rogers Hitron CODA modem. The 2.4 GHz connection still shows as an available Wifi connection on devices and I can connect to it, but it does not supply Internet access. My 5 GHz connection and a wired Internet connection from the modem work fine. Rebooting the modem (unplug and replug) fixes the problem for several hours but then the issue happens again. I only have a few devices that have to connect to the 2.4GHz band (such as the thermostat and a weather monitoring device) but I can’t use these when I am not getting Internet to them.
Does anyone have a suggestion to fixing this issue?
03-07-2022 08:18 AM
03-09-2022 10:13 AM
Thanks. Just to update the community, a Rogers Moderator ran a script to make some updates to the modem but this did not solve the 2.4GHz issue. They have suggested having a Rogers Technician come to my house to check the modem and replace it if need be. Will post back after the Rogers Technician comes to look at the issue.
03-20-2022 11:19 AM
My 2.4G is active but I can't see it when I tried to connect it with a new device. How to fix it?
03-21-2022 11:16 AM
Do you know if you have band steering enabled? You'll need to disable it in order to directly connect to the 2.4G network.
You can find instructions on how to change this setting on your CODA modem here: Turn on Band Steering with the Hitron CODA-4582 Modem | Rogers Internet - Rogers
11-07-2022 06:34 AM
I had a similar problem and made one update - I ensured that the wireless mode for 5 Ghz and 2.4 Ghz didn't overlap (e.g. I set 2.4 Ghz mode to be B/G mixed while I set the 5 Ghz mode to be AC/N mixed). As a result of this change the 2.4 Ghz wifi seems to be working perfectly. Previously I had 2.4 Ghz set to G/N mixed and feel that may have caused a 'clash' between the 5 Ghz and 2/4Ghz signals resulting in 2.4Gzh loosing internet. This is just a hunch and is simply based on the fact that the updated setting seems to have resolved my issue. Thought I'd share in case this helps others too.