cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youtube - FF

jjjjy7
I'm a reliable contributor

Is there anyway to fast forward / rewind on Youtube, other than in 10 second intervals?  Its a real battery drain if you want to skip forward.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Youtube - FF

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You can also install the YouTube app on a mobile device and link it to the YouTube app on the set-top box.  You can then use the mobile device as a remote control.

Disclaimer: I haven't tried this yet myself.  I don't know whether the app will allow you to advance to an arbitrary point in a video.

Help for the YouTube TV app can be found here: https://youtube.com/tv_help

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jjjjy7 wrote:

Is there anyway to fast forward / rewind on Youtube, other than in 10 second intervals?  Its a real battery drain if you want to skip forward.

You can press and hold the right or left directional arrows (or FF/Rew) rather than individual button presses.  I don't know of any way to skip ahead in larger steps.  Too bad voice commands don't work within the app.

jjjjy7

@-G-   Thanks, i was looking for something more akin to Netflix, where you can FF at different speeds without having to hold down a button. 

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You can also install the YouTube app on a mobile device and link it to the YouTube app on the set-top box.  You can then use the mobile device as a remote control.

Disclaimer: I haven't tried this yet myself.  I don't know whether the app will allow you to advance to an arbitrary point in a video.

Help for the YouTube TV app can be found here: https://youtube.com/tv_help

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I access YouTube via my old MacBook Pro, connected via HDMI to my TV.  On my computers I can use the mouse/trackpad/trackball to click anywhere I want in the progress bar, instantly going to anywhere in the video.  It even shows the time and a small preview window where I put the mouse.

Not sure if this is any help for your situation.

jjjjy7

guess it just shows another limitation to the Rogers set top box.

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation