Rogers Ignite TV on PC: "TV Go"?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robtoe
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers Ignite TV on PC: "TV Go"?

Have Ignite TV running on my PC.

There is a CP24 channel available, and also a CP24 "TV Go" channel, which is the same feed.

Launching the "TV Go" warns of potential data charges, but in this context it is pulling data via my LAN anyway.

What's the background with "TV Go"?

***Added Labels***

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Ignite TV on PC: "TV Go"?

@robtoe wrote:

What's the background with "TV Go"?

I believe that the "TV Go" channels are the ones that are available outside of your home.

robtoe
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks that seems to be it.   I was a bit baffled though because the "TV Go" channel list is very close to my "regular" channel list, so it seemed redundant.

However, it looks like TVO (Ch 2 typically) is an exception, in that it doesn't have a "TV Go" equivalent.   Sure enough, if I try to play that via a mobile connection only, it won't allow me to watch.

Condor13
I've Been Around

How do I get TV on other devices?

Apert from IPads and Laptops, I have a 15 yr old TV in the basement, Can I get TV on it ?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Condor13 wrote:

How do I get TV on other devices?

Apert from IPads and Laptops, I have a 15 yr old TV in the basement, Can I get TV on it ?

If you have an older TV that either does not have any HDMI inputs or cannot process the HDMI signal from the Ignite TV set-top box, you may be able to use a converter that converts the HDMI signal to either Composite video or Component video.

See threads such as this one for more information.