cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watching IgniteTV on a PC

myusername100
I plan to stick around

Greetings,

I suppose I am another digitalTV refugee.  Was informed by Rogers my digitalTV is coming to an end.  I am exploring this IgniteTV and was unpleasantly surprised that an additional box would be $17/month each. 

I understand IgniteTV has something called a TV portal  (https://ignitetv.rogers.com/). I can watch IPTV on a laptop? If so  I might be able to get by on this.  Was hoping forum experts can fill in some blanks.

1.   This TV portal is free?
  2.   I can watch TV from the regular set-top IgniteTV “and” watch TV portal simultaneously in different rooms?
  3.   Is there any option to buy the additional box outright?

Cheers

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Watching IgniteTV on a PC

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. No

You can also stream on a device like a tablet or a phone using the IgniteTV app.  I use my Apple MacBook Air all the time connected via HDMI to my TV, as well as my iPad and my iPhone.  I believe there is a limit to the number of streams, but I don't recall what it is...  You cannot watch 4k channels this way though, only on the box.  You can't even set recordings for the 4K channels using the app or the web at this time which is a pain for me.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. No

You can also stream on a device like a tablet or a phone using the IgniteTV app.  I use my Apple MacBook Air all the time connected via HDMI to my TV, as well as my iPad and my iPhone.  I believe there is a limit to the number of streams, but I don't recall what it is...  You cannot watch 4k channels this way though, only on the box.  You can't even set recordings for the 4K channels using the app or the web at this time which is a pain for me.

myusername100
I plan to stick around

Thanks for your help.   Been reading the other threads.  Streaming from a device, don't have a remote or at least finding a remote to work like a traditional remote seems to be an issue.  And nevermind the remote, the user interface on tv portal, will be a change to put it politely. 

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation