cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tubi on Ignite Streaming Hacked

Auntibot2020
I've been here awhile

Hi! I’m the daughter of the lady who uses this account and we think the Tubi app on our Ignite Streaming thing’s been hacked, particularly Tubi Kids.

We’re both adults, but we like watching kids’ stuff sometimes, like things we used to watch when I was a kid, so sometimes we watch kids’ shows or movies on Tubi and we’ve recently started watching a cartoon on Tubi Kids.

The app was working fine the other day, but when we went on it last night to watch our new show, it started acting a bit weird.

It didn’t show the episodes of the show at the bottom of the screen, just this blue thing; it would let me play it from the first episode for a while, but then wouldn’t let me without “signing in” or let me scroll down to the show without “signing in”; and when Mom tried to sign in, it asked one of us to scan a QR code or enter an activation code, then go to a random site and enter credit card details) and, sadly, once she tried to do what it said, some unauthorized charges ended up on her credit card. The site she was led to ended up on ScamAdviser as well.

I thought I’d let you guys know about it to warn you so that you wouldn’t experience the same thing.

All the best and I hope that this issue gets resolved.

**Labels Added**

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Tubi on Ignite Streaming Hacked

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thanks for sharing, that is awful.  I feel bad.  I know the Tubi app is completely free, the only thing a login is required to save your favourite shows and progress of watched shows, other than that, its not needed and there is no payment required for tubi as they insert commercials that help pay for the content.

I hope this does not happen to any one else

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Auntibot2020  Tubi stores app data locally on the set-top box and it's possible that something got a bit messed up.  You can clear this data by going to: Settings / Privacy / Locally stored data and then clear local storage.  That will also clear the login tokens for other services that you are signed into (so you will need to log into Amazon Prime again, etc.) but hopefully it will resolve your issues with Tubi.

After you clear local storage, I would also reboot the set-top box (by pulling the power plug) for good measure.

Hope this helps!

Auntibot2020
I've been here awhile
I cleared local data and went on as a guest, but when I searched for that show again and clicked on it, the same thing happened with the blue stuff on the screen in an L shape. It’s almost like the blue screen of death, but fuzzier and with some of the same look to the old one still on there.
Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation