cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing Ignite TV

DwayneP
I've been around

We are a family of 5 and I just got Ignite TV.  I have my account registered with MyRogers and can use the Ignite TV app easily.  My question is how do others in my family login to the Ignite TV app on their devices?  Surely I do not have to share my MYRogers ID and password with all 5 family members.  There must be a NetFlix type option where each person has their own ID/PWD and preference settings right?

***Added Labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Sharing Ignite TV

Lurker_Returns
I'm a reliable contributor
Ignite does not currently have an option for user profiles.

All users must login with the registered email and password.

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Years ago there were separate logins and passwords for the account and for any other services.  Rogers, in its wisdom decided to use the same login and password for everything, despite the issues that you point out.  Very unfortunate indeed.

thomask
I plan to stick around

I know its an old thread... but the more I read and hear about ignite (that I was seriously thinking of stepping into sooner rather than later...) the more I keep thinking I'd rather stick to my Nextbox 2's and 3's.. and my Digital VIP grandfathered plan...

it didnt help when I called about a ignite box I saw for sale and they 'strongly discouraged' me from even trying to buy an independant box... they want us paying $10 per I guess...

Digital VIP, up to 5 or 6 TV's was fine.
Ignite, 1 TV per $10 fee.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation