cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power On Pin as Opposed to Parental Control PIN

Codexman1
I've been here awhile

Hello Everyone:

i hope someone reads this and responds. I've been looking for the feature that would allow a pin to be input to access the rogers ignite service. I have TV boxes that I want to lock out unless a PIN is provided. I've looked at the parental PIN and purchase PIN but they don't do that. Essentially it would function like this.....

Turn TV on (assume that power of TV and power of TV unit is tied together). When I power up I want a PIN to be input to proceed to content? Is this possible. If no can someone send this up the food chain to Technicolour vendor to incorporate in newer models or firmware update current CGM4140COM (XFINITY)

*** Edited Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Power On Pin as Opposed to Parental Control PIN

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Codexman1  The Ignite TV set-top boxes allow you to configure "Day and Time Locks" in the Parental Control settings.  Have you tried using that to lock out the set-top box every day for the entire day?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Codexman1  The Ignite TV set-top boxes allow you to configure "Day and Time Locks" in the Parental Control settings.  Have you tried using that to lock out the set-top box every day for the entire day?

Codexman1
I've been here awhile

That certainly did the trick 🙂 Thanks for the information 🙂

Now I just gotta deal with grumpy kids. Back to arts and crafts kids oh yes and here are some things called books. I'm such a tyrant 🙂

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 2 in conversation