cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pairing issue with brand new Ignite remote XR 11 and Samsung UN55F7050

asns
I'm here a lot

My old remote, XR 15, didn't work continuously and sometimes stop working. So I got a new Ignite remote (XR 11) and a new ignite box (Xi6) from Rogers.

The remote's paired with box without any problem but it didn't pair with my Samsung TV (UN55F 7050). So, when I was trying to change the volume or turn off TV, nothing happened.

I've tried all the codes, non of them worked. I did everything properly. Distance between modem and box is just 30 cm. Even I tried the initial TV remote, didn't work either.

Do you any other way? Do you think there is something wrong with my Samsung TV? Just consider the old remote was working properly most of the time, so I'm not sure if my TV is broken. Thx

***Edited Labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Pairing issue with brand new Ignite remote XR 11 and Samsung UN55F7050

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Go to the following website and follow the setup instructions for your TV:

https://www.urcsupport.com/urc_product/rogers-xr11-2/?product-provider=365

The code for your TV should be one of the following:

12051, 10766, 10814, 10060, 10178, 11959, 10702, 10650, 13118, 11755

Alternate instructions are available on the Rogers website, link below:

https://www.rogers.com/support/iptv/how-to-use-your-ignite-voice-remote-program-and-pair

PS. Your TV's remote should always work, assuming you have good batteries in it and assuming it's set to control the TV and not something else (buttons at the top of the TV remote?)

asns
I'm here a lot

Hi there. Thanks for your respond. I've checked all the 10 codes for couple of times. I've checked and tried all the (Rogers website and the one that suggest start from pushing A button) available instructions. And I've used new butteries . None of them works. Since, now, the initial TV remote doesn't work more the Rogers ones either, I'm thinking might something wrong happen in my TV. On the other hand, I haven't had any problem since I've purchased the TV in 5 years ago. Looking forward to your respond....

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Since your TV remote won't work, this is likely an issue with the TV.  I have the following suggestions:

1. Unplug the TV for a minute and plug it back in.  

2. When it's back up, check to see if your TV remote will work - make sure it's set to control the TV and that it has good batteries.  Also try the IgniteTV remote with the first (12051) code.

3. If that doesn't work, see if there is a firmware update for the TV.  You may need to search your TV's operating manual for how to do that.  If you download the pdf file for your TV from the web, you should be able to search for "firmware" or look at the troubleshooting tips usually located near the back of the manual.  To search the web put  "Samsung UN55F7050 operating manual" or similar into the search terms. There is usually a manual available online, or on Samsung's website under support or similar.  

4. Do a factory reset of the TV (also usually in the troubleshooting section). This will take your TV back to the factory specs but will usually also delete any preferences you have changed in the TV's settings, like the picture controls, etc.

5. Contact Samsung via their website support page

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation