cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No More Legacy

foodtech46
I plan to stick around

Well I have finally moved a few mountains and changed from legacy Digital TV to Ignite TV. Friday was a major IT/TV day at my place. The Impetus to do this was the decommissioning of an SDTV 8350 PVR which I had hooked up to an ancient RCA CRT television in the basement.

After deciding to remove the CRT TV, we got a new 50 inch Samsung for our family room and moved an older 37 inch Samsung HDTV to the basement. Then we got Rogers to install 3 new wifi TV boxes, put in a new XB8 gateway and one pod for basement coverage. I also decommissioned an old mesh router system I had been using with my Rocket modem (it was bridged.) We also removed a standalone telephone modem and two Nextbox 3 digital TV setups.

The Rogers tech was very competent and helpful. Although the new gateway has a different IP we were able to set it up with the same network ID and password. All I really had to do was change the IP on a network printer.

So far I am pretty happy with the TV reception and I seem to be getting good wifi speeds and coverage. Rogers waived all the installation fees and gave me a good package deal so I am happy.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: No More Legacy

RogersZia

Hi @foodtech46,

So glad to read about your migration experiences and details about the set up. I hope you continue to enjoy the Ignite TV service.

RogersZia

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RogersZia

Hi @foodtech46,

So glad to read about your migration experiences and details about the set up. I hope you continue to enjoy the Ignite TV service.

RogersZia

Hello We received notice as a Shaw customer that our old Motorola cable box had to be replaced with a new Ignite box. We ordered the new box but did not install it right away. When we went to install it the tv channels would not work. After calling tech support we were informed that our Legacy account had been cancelled by Rogers even though they are still billing us. Now Rogers wants $ 71.00 more a month to return the service we had.  No warning what so ever. This is wrong in so many ways. 

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Your ignite is a different account than legacy.  You want the legacy account to be cancelled. what you need is TECH SUPPORT for your ignite tv CHANNELS ON YOUR account, AND NOT to reactivate your legacy account, I would call them back and explain

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation