cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Channels

Sailorman
I plan to stick around

Recently made the switch from Digital Cable to Ignite TV Premier package. The channel list from my account on Rogers.com lists all my current channels including Flex. Noticed it includes the Buffalo channels (176-180) but when I try to select these on my ignite boxes says they “Require a Subscription”. Called Tech Support and was told I need to add the $3 package to add these channels as a subscription. They referred me to Customer Service. After a long wait gave up. 

Question: Why do these channels show as part of my channels subscribed on my Rogers.com account if they are not included on my ignite devices. On a Premium plan they should be but shouldn’t Rogers be honouring what’s listed on my account. 

**Labels Added**

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Missing Channels

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Sailorman wrote:

... $3 package to add these channels as a subscription. 

Question: Why do these channels show as part of my channels subscribed on my Rogers.com account if they are not included on my ignite devices.

This must be an error in your account. The "Prime Time Pack" (ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, PBS) has been a $3 add-on since July 2021 for IgniteTV customers.  Rogers made major changes to their packages on November 1, 2023 and I'm guessing they're still ironing out some issues.

Sailorman
I plan to stick around

Kind of important Rogers gets this stuff right don’t you think. 

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Sailorman wrote:

Recently made the switch from Digital Cable to Ignite TV Premier package. The channel list from my account on Rogers.com lists all my current channels including Flex. Noticed it includes the Buffalo channels (176-180) but when I try to select these on my ignite boxes says they “Require a Subscription”. Called Tech Support and was told I need to add the $3 package to add these channels as a subscription. They referred me to Customer Service. After a long wait gave up. 

Question: Why do these channels show as part of my channels subscribed on my Rogers.com account if they are not included on my ignite devices. On a Premium plan they should be but shouldn’t Rogers be honouring what’s listed on my account. 

Rogers must have made some changes to their site and possibly may have broken some things in the process.

At one time, Ignite TV customers got a message alerting them that as of July 7, 2021, the US networks (and, for some, other channels as well) are not longer included but would remain part of existing customers' packages: https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Changes-to-Ignite-TV-Channels-in-Packages-and-Theme-...

As for you, if you are a very recent subscriber, you might want to investigate whether it is possible to switch to Total TV.  As far as I can tell, it is basically Premier with ALL of the available Flex Channels included, along with the US networks and US Superstations.

Sailorman
I plan to stick around

Thanks for the suggestion. Total TV is probably a good option for me  but I don't want to go through the hoops renegotiating my pricing again (a painful process).  I'm a recent subscriber and wasn't given the option for Total TV when I signed up; assume it's a new offering. Guess I'll add the $3 subscription and eat the $3. Still surprised how Rogers gets somethings basic like this wrong and doesn't seem interested in fixing if my interaction with Tech Support is an indication.   

Question:  Can I just add the $3 "Prime Time Pack" online without impacting my package term or pricing (other than it costing me $3 more a month. 

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Sailorman You can add the Prime Time Pack in MyRogers.  Go to the TV management section, click on the "Manage Channels and Theme Packs" button, then click on the "Theme Packs" tab to add the Theme Pack.

Re: Switching to Total TV, you can also try sending a private message to @CommunityHelps and they will be able to tell you whether it would be an easy, cost-effective change.

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation