cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite Tv remote/Tv not working

Willy54
I've been around

Hi, I’m having a recurring problem with my TV set up. I have a 55U68N Hisense TV (purchased Sept 6th, 2024) hooked up with Rogers Ignite cable and a Roku Stream Bar. The first time it happened I could not turn on the TV using the Rogers remote or the TV remote. I reset the Rogers box to no avail. As a last resort I shut the power off to the TV and turned it back on and everything was fine. The Wifi during this episode was functioning fine.

Next time I was streaming Disney + and the system changed to a black screen and it asked to check that the internet/modem was working and then everything shut down. I shut the power off to the TV and back on and the TV worked. I returned to Disney + and watched for 10 min and was switched out to Ignite channel programming. 
I’m looking for some help. I love my tv and would like to solve the issue.
Al Wilcox

Sent from my iPad

*Added Labels*
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Ignite Tv remote/Tv not working

RogersZia

Hi @Willy54, welcome to the Community!

I appreciate the details you've shared, it will definitely help our users share their experience with you. I'll tag some of our Resident Experts for their valuable insight @57, @-G-

RogersZia

Re: Ignite Tv remote/Tv not working

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Willy54 wrote:

1. The first time it happened I could not turn on the TV using the Rogers remote or the TV remote. I reset the Rogers box to no avail. As a last resort I shut the power off to the TV and turned it back on and everything was fine. The Wifi during this episode was functioning fine.

2. Next time I was streaming Disney + and the system changed to a black screen and it asked to check that the internet/modem was working and then everything shut down. I shut the power off to the TV and back on and the TV worked. I returned to Disney + and watched for 10 min and was switched out to Ignite channel programming. 

1. This sounds like a TV and not a Rogers issue since even your TV's remote didn't work.  Make sure you have updated your TV to the latest firmware.  Ii assume the Rogers remote has been controlling the TV properly since.

2. This could be one of several things:

- a poor HDMI connection, unplug/replug the HDMI cable a couple of times at both ends.  Are you using the HDMI cable that was supplied with the Rogers box?

- a poor WiFi connection from the Gateway to the Rogers box - not sure why it would switch from Disney+ to regular IgniteTV programming without pressing say "exit" on your remote...  

Did you check the WiFi strength on the box?  Rogers - Settings - Device Settings - Network. Or by checking using the Home Connect app.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation