cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my recoding of a 3 hour program stop recording each hour ?

kshea0
I've been here awhile

There are times when I set a 3 hour recording on only to find that I only get 1 hour of the recording because the recoding stopped after 1 hour.

I recently set recording of a golf tournament which was listed to last a total of 6 hours, and after every hour had passed, the recording stopped - so I had to set a timer so that I would be ready to record the 6 hour program in it's entirety.  When this happens it is very frustrating and I would like to know why it does happen sometimes.

***ADDED LABELS***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Why does my recoding of a 3 hour program stop recording each hour ?

RogersCorey

Good afternoon @kshea0!

That certainly does sound like a frustrating issue.

Is it happening with all of your recordings or only recordings on the channel where you were recording golf?

Regards,

RogersCorey

Re: Why does my recoding of a 3 hour program stop recording each hour ?

kshea0
I've been here awhile

I am not sure if the same thing would have happened while recording other channels because this was the only thing that I was recording at the time.

This has happened to me previously however - for a program that showed 3 hours in the guide and I set it to record and then I discover that I only had an hour of the recording.

Interesting to note, that the very next day, the same golf tournament was on for the next ( 4th ) day of play and everything worked fine - the recording worked perfectly for the full 6 hours that the program showed from the guide. 

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation