cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite Total TV Missing a Channel

Teach
I'm here a lot

So i upgraded to Total TV/Internet and according to the email that i received from one of the agents OutTv channel 339 in Toronto is included and other agents that i have spoken to on chat stated that it is included in my package. When i got to the channel it states that it "requires a subscription" however it is included and one technical agent said that i have to pay extra. Another chat agent verified and stated that i don't have to pay extra. So tickets were created stating that it is included in the package but when i refer to the ticket number the agent said that the tickets are closed. 

***Edited Labels***

20 REPLIES 20

Re: Ignite Total TV missing a channel

Teach
I'm here a lot

I'm getting the run around now bouncing between agents on the phone and on chat with no resolution in sight.

Good evening @Teach,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

You're right, the Ignite Total TV does include channel 339, OUTtv. However, channel availability can vary based on regions. May I know where are you located? Also, were you advised why the tickets were closed? 

We can take a closer look into this for you. Please let us know if you still do not have access to the channel.

RogersZia

Re: Ignite Total TV Missing a Channel

james039
I plan to stick around

I also have Total TV, in Ottawa, and can confirm (as of this writing) not receiving Out TV despite it being advertised on the website as part of the package. There were several other channels (Discovery Science, Rewind, Hollywood Suite) which when I initially subscribed were also unavailable, but after multiple calls into customer service they since added them. Keep pestering them until they fix this one too!

I have Total TV  in Toronto/Etobicoke and with the program channel line up that i received by one agent  an email sent ... it states that it is included in the Total package. I tried to add it myself and getting the fee waved however it still says errors on my end...  i tried also going through the chat agent many times and have been bounced many times between departments (customer care ... tech (one agent stated there it was 4$ extra and i stated my ticket number) then they bounced me back to the subscription department?!? One other tech agent said on the phone it could take up to 48 hours however this issue has been since Friday ... i really need the channel as i am doing a course presentation .  In regards to the prior tickets being closed .... one agent said it was sent to the wrong department? ;/ 

how long was the run around with getting this solved? Been doing online Rogers chat since Friday numerous times a day and been calling too 

Teach
I'm here a lot

in regards to your other channels not being shown what was the turn around after numerously pestering them 😉 

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Folks, before you get upset about numerous missing channels, please see the following: https://www.rogers.com/support/tv/channel-updates

Ignite Total TV additional channels

Starting December 15, 2023, Ignite Total TV customers will automatically receive these additional channels at no extra charge: Animal Planet, Baby TV, BBC Earth, BBC First, BBC News, Big 10 Network, Cooking Channel, Daystar Television Canada, Discovery Science, ESPN Classics Canada, Euro World Sports, Faith TV, Fight Network, Fox News, Fox Sports Racing, France 24, Game+, Game Show Network, Hollywood Suite 2000, Hollywood Suite 70s, Hollywood Suite 80s, Hollywood Suite 90s, Investigation Discovery, Love Nature, MétéoMédia, MSNBC, NHK World, ONE TV, REV TV, Rewind, Salt & Light, History, Smithsonian, Univision, KTLA, WPIX, WGN and WSBK.

I don't know which Total TV subscribers (if any) get these channels today but in two weeks time you will get them added to your lineup.

If any other channels are missing, such as OutTV, it is probably just an oversight.  The easiest way to get that fixed is to send a private message to @CommunityHelps .

james039
I plan to stick around

As of Nov 17th, all of the above listed were available on Total TV, with the exception of course that ESPN Classic Canada ceased broadcasting in October and is no longer available to anyone. This thread is about Out TV, which was advertised as part of this package, and should already be available to anyone who has activated a Total TV subscription on Ignite.

james039
I plan to stick around

Took them 2 weeks. I subscribed in the first week of November, and after 3 calls and some waiting, the missing channels were restored.

gatkinson
I've been around

By the way this is STILL happening.

Have the Total TV Package. If i sign into my Rogers account, then select 'My Service' and then select 'view my channel line up' I see it is included (see screenshot)

However if i go to access the channel, it says i need a subscription.

I called into tech support, they said i need to pay $4 extra a month.

i explained it shows included in my account and they said they would raise a ticket for it to be added to my account for free. I will check it in a week to be sure.

I wonder how many people that have the Total TV package are paying for OutTV when it shows included? 

edited-rogers outtv from account Dec 27-2023.png

Good Day @gatkinson, 😊

Thanks for brining this to our attention. I see you have since reached out to us via PM. We'd love to continue there in the event you require further assistance. 

Regards, 

RogersJo 

james039
I plan to stick around

I just checked on my box, and I am still not getting Out TV despite having the Total TV package, I see the message "Subscription Required". I also see the same as you in My Rogers, where the checkbox is shown as part of my selected bundle "Total TV", yet despite this it shows the 'Add' button for an additional $4 fee. I think people should get small refunds on their account for each month they weren't receiving the channel despite it being a part of the bundle they're paying for. Pretty sure this impacts all people who have Total TV.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@james039  I don't know whether this will help but here's something else you can try: go to any of your TVs and press the "A" button on your Ignite Voice Remote to access the Help screen.  Next, scroll to and click on "System Refresh".  This should re-sync the systems in the backend with your current account information and channel entitlements, and also refresh your set-top boxes as well.

james039
I plan to stick around

Hey guys, just got off the phone with customer service, and the information I was given is that Out TV is not a part of the Total TV package. They looked into it further for me and confirmed that it is listed in the package on the website, however this is in error. If anyone has Total TV and wishes to add Out TV to their subscription it is an additional $4/mo

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@james039 wrote:

Hey guys, just got off the phone with customer service, and the information I was given is that Out TV is not a part of the Total TV package. They looked into it further for me and confirmed that it is listed in the package on the website, however this is in error. If anyone has Total TV and wishes to add Out TV to their subscription it is an additional $4/mo

I just switched from Premier to Total TV a few weeks ago.  I noticed some odd things in the printable channel listing before I made the change.  Nothing that I was overly concerned about, but I am now starting to go through the process of checking the channels that I am currently subscribed to against the printable PDF listing and the Total TV channel list on the web site.

I do not watch OUT TV so I never noticed the channel being missing.  However, I can confirm that my channel listing and the Rogers.com web site (checked earlier today) both say that I should be receiving this channel... but I do not receive that channel on my set-top box.

When Rogers created the "Total TV" package, it looked like they included every English language Flex Channel that was ever available in Premier.  In the previous version of the MyRogers mobile app, it also (incorrectly) said that Total TV included 103 Flex Channels.  By my logic, if a channel shows as being included on the web site and on the printable channel listings, and that channel was previously available as a Flex Channel candidate under Premier, then it arguably, almost certainly, should be part of Total TV and be a subscribed channel on the set-top box.

james039
I plan to stick around

It’s additionally worth noting that several channels which could be selected in premier are not part of “Total” TV. Mostly obscure channels they were hoping no one would miss. They are Discovery Velocity, What’s the Tea, DejaView, MTV2, and The Africa Channel, and at least from the investigation the CSR did for me on the phone, Out TV is also not supposed to be, and he did acknowledge that the website indicates it’s included, but he spoke with the department who decided the packages and they confirmed it is not included, and that the website is in error.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@james039 Thanks.  Those differences (along with some French channels that were available under Premier) would be easy to spot with a Premier/Total TV comparative channel listing.

Another thing that makes it a pain to suss out missing channels in Total TV is that the channel list on Rogers.com counts the East and West feeds (of Comedy, W, Family, YTV, TLN, etc.) separately in their total count of 159 channels but "View my channel lineup" in MyRogers does not.

The printable channel listing also lists ALL of the previously-tunable Stingray channels (even though they actually open in the Stingray App) whereas Rogers.com says that Total TV only includes "Stingray Special English" and "Stingray Special French".

I don't know what to say.  Clearly, nobody within the organization (with the necessary experience) conducted proper QA reviews before rolling out these changes.

When I try this I get an error saying "we're sorry, System Refresh is not available at the moment, LOL

Bitablespore2
I'm here a lot

...so, here we are more than 6 months later and it is still not resolved. The Website clearly says the channel is included as of right now July 3, 2024.

Just as an FYI, I went through something similar, but found the channel listings in the bundle websites were correct for the channels that I was interested in, however, the pdfs that Rogers sent to me to be able to compare the packages were worse than useless because they were riddled with errors.  See my thread on the topic below:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Switching-from-Premier-63-Flex-channels-to-Total-TV-...

Topic Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 in conversation