cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV very unrealiable after restored service

themysteryone
I plan to stick around

Hi Everyone...
Just to add, our Ignite TV is still very choppy. Most channels are having a hard time loading with the XRE-03137 error message. Channels are freezing and going dark. Very unstable.

**Added Labels**

93 REPLIES 93

Re: Ignite TV very unrealiable after restored service

Shamidi
I've been here awhile
I have been trying since 6 pm and no luck with the TV. Rogers at least communicate with your customers.

Maybe the "Customer Care" uses Rogers phone lines.

Lurker_Returns
I'm a reliable contributor
I guess Rogers let the interns loose in the server rooms again.

Ignite TV has been choppy and unwatchable all evening, and the internet connection is struggling speed-wise.

DNAAITA
I've been around
We are having the same issue. Our tv was fine all day but started freezing, going dark and unable to load this evening. Our wifi is fine. We are able to watch Netflix, etc.

cp14
I've been here awhile

same

Rochelle1979
I've been around
Same exact issues here in Pickering (L1W)

Please fix this as we are paying for a service we can't even use. Are we being credited for that too?

Nothappyanymo
I've been here awhile
Same here in Oshawa. How does that billboard read? "Most reliable network!"
That had to been a billboard in blue and by Bell, not red and by Rogers

djforsyth
I've been here awhile

While Rogers is claiming that the "vast majority" of customers have had their service restored, everyone I've talked to appears to have the same issue with TV service. It would be nice to know if Rogers is even aware of the number of users who still have service issues. I waited an hour on a Rogers chat line to find out if they were aware of MY issue or if it was specific to MY area, but I never got to talk to anyone about that. The idea that you can't even report your problem or know if Rogers is even aware of it is not right.

RainbowTrout
I plan to stick around

When I first subscribed to Ignite TV back in 2019, for the first six months everything was great. The service worked perfectly.

After that, problems started. Every so often, there would be picture freezes or audio dropout. It bothered me, but since they were infrequent I decided to let it go.

But for the last four days, Ignite TV has been nigh unwatchable. The vast majority of the time there are frequent freezes, audio dropouts, and the screen simply going blank.

I've read that Rogers plans to provide credit for two days lost service. But the reality is that service still hasn't been fully restored, and this has been ongoing for four days now. Everyone should be receiving additional credit for the continued issues with Ignite TV. I'm about ready to cancel all my services with Rogers and switch to another provider.

SpeedyC

It's Tuesday evening in Mississauga.
For a second day and night, the TV service is OK in the morning but choppy again in the evening when more people are watching.
Anyone else still experiencing this?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@SpeedyC wrote:

It's Tuesday evening in Mississauga.
For a second day and night, the TV service is OK in the morning but choppy again in the evening when more people are watching.
Anyone else still experiencing this?

Ignite TV seems to be working pretty well now but I am also still seeing occasional, brief drop-outs at my house and at my parents'.

SpeedyC

TV was constantly freezing at 4:45am in Mississauga this morning (Wednesday).
Things still not getting back to normal ... maybe getting worse as recently, the mornings were usually the most stable time of day.

SpeedyC

Should also mention my Ignite TV box is directly connected via Ethernet, and constantly rebooting (Restarting) the box does not help.

DinaLatina
I've been here awhile

It was the same here in Oshawa, but yesterday I could finally watch tv at night without interruptions. Now they're saying they'll give credit to all customers for 5 days instead of 1 as they said before, I saw this on Breakfast Television this morning

gw2022
I've been here awhile

Day 6 after restored service and still having problems with ignite tv freezing, no sound, sometimes no picture. Have tried rebooting modem and tv pods several times.

gw2022
I've been here awhile

I was wondering if connecting TV box via Ethernet rather than Wifi would help, guess not. Thanks for the info.

TD151
I've been around

Home phone still not working, cellular phone is spotty at best, internet meetings are constantly freezing, access to the internet is also a problem after all this time.  

SpeedyC

Apparently if you watch Rogers TV on an iPad/iPhone using the Ignite TV app, there are no issues?
Maybe a workaround if you really want to watch something live?

User_1846120
I've been here awhile
Still having some freezing issues with ignite tv. I can't wait for fiber to show up in my neighborhood.

Tujian
I've been around

I tried reaching out to Rogers, as I was having the same issues with my television, and was shuffled around over 10 times today. I kept could only watch internet based apps, and when I asked for a credit (since I have been paying for cable TV I could not use) they offered me (drum roll please) $7.26…… they said I should have called sooner…. I have a thing called a job and I can’t necessarily wait on hold and then wait for the right person to help.. needless to say we will be switching providers soon.

alextheangel
I plan to stick around
I believe that the top head limited how much credit or reimbursement customer care can offer now. Before the official Anouncement of 5 day credit, customer care are willing and ve able to offer much more , and now you can barely get anything other than the standard 5 day offer. Even mention cancelation would not get you anything better. Since they knew where you address is if bell have fiber in your neighborhood or not. So for me, I just have to wait for bell fiber comes to my neighborhood, so I can finally switch to bell or other third party using bell fiber.