cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV keeps freezing

Johnny37
I've been around

Anybody knows how to fix ignite TV that keeps freezing?  Its been 2 days now.  It happened before. Really tired of it and din’t have 3 hours (again) to spend on the phone with Rogers to only tell me at the end a technician will have to come to my house.

Please help me……..

***Edited Labels***

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Ignite TV keeps freezing

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor
While you wait for help, you can always scroll down towards the bottom of this thread you started (under You Might Also Like), and click on some of the older threads related to your problem. That might get you closer to a solution, or at least be more prepared for a tech visit if you decide to go through with it.
Freezing is never a good thing, but to avoid frostbite, do some more reading and then perhaps call Rogers early in the morning (so as to avoid a long wait) to schedule a tech visit if all else fails.

ppmori
I've been here awhile
Constantly freezing and sound cutting out as well. Tried re-booting the network and the boxes....same thing. Tried switching boxes between rooms....same thing! No idea what they've done but it's been like this for the last few months. The old system never did this! Ready to toss this out and try something else!!! So frustrating.

derekg66
I plan to stick around
Exactly the same thing happening to us tonight watching the hockey game. Always with live sports. Already complained once. Tech on phone zapped my ignite boxes. Temporarily fixed it. Almost like modem or tv boxes can’t handle the live streaming and are constantly buffering. Embarrassing when friends are over. Same for F1 and baseball. Worse in evening. Makes me think Rogers system can’t handle all the customers they are pushing to ignite.

ppmori
I've been here awhile
Yes....live TV is bad but it also happens to regular shows.

Hello @ppmori  and @derekg66,

I can imagine how this issue can hinder the viewing experience. If you haven't been in touch with our tech support team, please send us a PM @CommunityHelps for further assistance. Check out this blog for steps on how to send us a PM. 

RogersZia

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 in conversation