cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV Premier vs. Ignite TV Flex 20 including Sports

mark_squires22
I've been here awhile

Hi everyone

I'm curious with what people think with regards to the Flex 20 including Sports. We currently have the Premier TV bundle, and our current promo deal is up in a few weeks. I was chatting today with a rep and they did offer the Flex 20 including sports at a good price. 

I'm still not 100% sure on what's included, and what's available to switch. I'm assuming channels with the "checkmark" are included, and then the ones that are "Flex Incl" are the ones we can swap out? 

We never found the "Premier" TV package that amazing anyway

I typically only use the TV for live sports, and my wife for some Life Network or HGTV stuff. Our kids are all about streaming (Netflex & Disney). The savings between packages would be around $20 a month - so it's significant over a full year.

Any help would be great

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite TV Premier vs. Ignite TV Flex 20 including Sports

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@mark_squires22  Flex 20 Including Sports basically takes the Starter bundle and adds 20 Flex channels, which includes the major Canadian sports channels.  When you switch away from Premier, you will lose your Stingray music channels (although I think that the content is still accessible through the Stingray App) and you will lose a significant number of Flex Channels.

You can see what is included in all Ignite bundles by going to https://www.rogers.com/bundles/channels and entering your address.

Included channels have the check mark.  "Flex Channel Included" are the Flex Channels that Rogers pre-select for you as defaults, and any of those can be exchanged for a channel that is labelled "Flex Channel"

If you think that Flex 20 Including Sports is to restrictive and you receive an offer from Rogers for Premier, keep in mind that Premier now includes on 63 Flex Channels, not 87 as you may have had before.  (Double check what is included in your area.)

Also, keep in mind that if you have already redeemed a Disney+ promotion from Rogers, you will not be eligible to redeem another one, even if you switch to a new in-market bundle.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@mark_squires22  Flex 20 Including Sports basically takes the Starter bundle and adds 20 Flex channels, which includes the major Canadian sports channels.  When you switch away from Premier, you will lose your Stingray music channels (although I think that the content is still accessible through the Stingray App) and you will lose a significant number of Flex Channels.

You can see what is included in all Ignite bundles by going to https://www.rogers.com/bundles/channels and entering your address.

Included channels have the check mark.  "Flex Channel Included" are the Flex Channels that Rogers pre-select for you as defaults, and any of those can be exchanged for a channel that is labelled "Flex Channel"

If you think that Flex 20 Including Sports is to restrictive and you receive an offer from Rogers for Premier, keep in mind that Premier now includes on 63 Flex Channels, not 87 as you may have had before.  (Double check what is included in your area.)

Also, keep in mind that if you have already redeemed a Disney+ promotion from Rogers, you will not be eligible to redeem another one, even if you switch to a new in-market bundle.

mark_squires22
I've been here awhile

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply. 

I think i need to do a deeper dive in what's available for the Flex 20 package, with regards to options on the Flex side. We tend to watch a majority of streaming content as well, so it may not be a game changer (as long as I can get my Sports lol).

I understand that I will probably need to go ahead and pay for my next subscription of Disney, as they didn't have any offers at the time (I asked)

So, from the list I was provided, there's 24 "Flex Included" channels, and 26 "checkmark" channels. So, can switch out all those 24 Flex channels from the "Flex options" they listed (too many to count) 🙂

Count included flex channels carefully and check for duplicates; they call it “Flex 20” for a reason.

You can also send a PM to @CommunityHelps and ask them to send you a channel listing. They can send you a PDF of all the channels in a specific package or a comparative listing showing the channels of any two packages side-by-side.

Stack TV is also a good value if you watch those channels and need more Flex Channels.

mark_squires22
I've been here awhile

Thanks

Yea, I sent a list of both options, but I'm just eye-balling back and forth to compare the options. 

I did notice that certain channels seem to have duplicates, such as Magnolia Network (89, 331) - I'm guessing I can keep one and FLEX the other 

@mark_squires22 wrote:

Thanks

Yea, I sent a list of both options, but I'm just eye-balling back and forth to compare the options. 

I did notice that certain channels seem to have duplicates, such as Magnolia Network (89, 331) - I'm guessing I can keep one and FLEX the other 

No, it does not work that way.  If you exchange Magnolia Network for, say, Discovery Science, you will lose all access to Magnolia Network.

@mark_squires22 wrote:

There are numerous channels that are mapped to different channel numbers.  All the channels under 100 were kept from long ago because people were used to them.  Then, a lot of them are remapped to other channels to be grouped into "themes" like News, Timeshift, Movies, Kids, Music, Sports, etc.

Obviously, if they're the same broadcaster, then you'll lose both "locations".

Lyne23
I've been around

I have a question for you, I was just reviewing my dad‘s and it was a shocked  to find that he’s paying $200.99 for Ignite TV premiere +500 Ultd. Would you mind sharing what your price was with discount? Thank you 

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Lyne23 Have your dad log into his MyRogers account, then go the TV section and wait a minute or two.  You may see something like "A personalized offer is waiting for you!".  Click the "View Offer" button for more details.

Promotional discounts vary by location and the time of year, as well as whether you are a new or existing Ignite TV subscriber.  Just because one person gets a great price doesn't mean that you will also be able to get it at your address.

You can also see what other Ignite bundles and discounts are available by sending a private message to the @CommunityHelps  team.  They are a great team of people and always very helpful.

Retentions might also have other offers that they can apply but the only way to try to get those is my actually cancelling services.  If you actually do cancel, another team might call you with a winback offer.

I, personally, would recommend contacting the @CommunityHelps  team.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

IgniteTV Premier bundle is $209.99 regular price, so almost $240 with tax.

New client pricing is a bit less.  Also are there any additional box rentals or home phone or pods or other items in your dad's package?

https://www.rogers.com/internet/ignite-bundle-packages?icid=R_IGN_3IG_BG92Z9

The huge discounts from a few years ago are gone and people are lucky to get say Disney+ as a bonus, or a "free" box rental, or something similar.

What one person is able to negotiate or what offer is on hand for them, doesn't transfer to anyone else.  Each customer is unique to some extent and may also hinge on what other services that person has like Cell, etc.

mark_squires22
I've been here awhile
Agreed with above. I think things are fluid and packages/prices can fluctuate. For example, there was no chance to get the Disney subscription part of my renewal

I am going to switch for the FLEX 20 offer - the savings over the full year is too good to pass on

kuhnberg
I plan to stick around

We switched to Flex 20 including Sports a month or so ago and we're happy with it.  We previously had the digital Popular package with about 3 times as many channels.  Like you, my husband is all about the sports and he's happy with what he's got.  For us, there was enough choice within Flex to pick lifestyles channels and such that appeal to us.  We had to pay another $3/mnth to pick up the American network channels.  We're big streamers as well so this package is more than enough for us.  

KMMK
I've been around

What is the $3 for the American channels you mentioned?  And do the sports channels count as flex or is it sports channels and an additional 20 flex?

james039
I plan to stick around

The US Networks (ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX) are separated off as an additional $3/mo charge. You cannot choose them in your flex channels, and the only way to get the networks is to pay the extra $3.

The sports channels are pre-selected out of your total 20 flex channels and are not separate. If you aren't interested in sports, you could actually get the Flex20 including sports, drop all the sports, and just pick different channels for your 20 slots. The "including sports" at this point is pure marketing.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@KMMK wrote:

What is the $3 for the American channels you mentioned?  And do the sports channels count as flex or is it sports channels and an additional 20 flex?

Yes, the sports channels come from your allotment of 20 Flex Channels but it's a bit complicated to explain how the sports channels are packaged.  (e.g. the TSN flex channel includes TSN1, TSN3, TSN4 and TSN5; TSN2 is a separate Flex Channel)

For more info, please go to:

https://www.rogers.com/internet/ignite-bundle-packages

https://www.rogers.com/bundles/offers

That will tell you which Flex Channels are available in each package and what optional Flex Channels are available.

As for the US stations, ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX and PBS, those are no longer included in the base package.  To get those channels, you will need to subscribe to the Prime Time Theme Pack for an additional $3/month.

mgsannuto
I've been around
I just signed up for the flex 20 and created a group of preferred channels. I would prefer a wider channel plan, but you do get some of the befits from a premier plan. I think you should be happy. I really like Smithsonian, and Magnolia. Cottage Life, History are also great choices.
Topic Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 8 in conversation