cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV Freezing

Swampwild
I've been here awhile

In the past 2-3 weeks we have seen more and more freeze ups. It’s very frustrating. We have rebooked and followed the form suggestions. I checked if this is caused by our Starlink wifi and it isn’t. YouTube and anything else we Chromecast is fine.

***Edited Labels***

16 REPLIES 16

Re: Ignite TV Freezing

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Swampwild wrote:

In the past 2-3 weeks we have seen more and more freeze ups. It’s very frustrating. We have rebooked and followed the form suggestions. I checked if this is caused by our Starlink wifi and it isn’t. YouTube and anything else we Chromecast is fine.

I'm not really sure where to start.  Are you accessing Ignite TV through the Starlink Internet service at another property?  I honesty don't know how a live streaming service would perform over a satellite Internet connection, or if it would work at all due to the inevitable latency.

FrozenAgain
I've been around
Same issue here since October 3rd. My whole area has had the same TV issues - no audio, frozen screen, black screen, scrambled picture, and programs replaying the same segment (and clocks on news channels off by 5 to 15 minutes, depending on the day). My neighbors and I have been calling in daily, has tech visits over the last few weeks and finally after 3 weeks Rogers acknowledged it was an area issue. Maintenance was apparently dispatched in the last week but the issues continue. Very frustrating!!

Good evening @FrozenAgain,

Thanks for your post. I can imagine how experience these types of issues can impact your TV experience. 

I understand you've been in touch with our techical support team, however, are still experiencing trouble with your Ignite TV service.

In order for us to investigate things further, please send us a private message @CommunityHelps for assistance. 

For the steps to follow on how to send us a PM, Check out this blog!

RogersMaude

Tmothy12
I'm a reliable contributor

Suddenly experiencing issues here as well lately, internet not loading, TV losing connection etc., Ignite TV web version doesn't load at all.

Hey @Tmothy12,

Thank you for notifying us of the problem you faced. Has the situation evolved since you posted?

For future references, it would be most helpful if you could provide us with your location as well as the troubleshooting steps you've performed, when notifying the community of the issues you're experiencing. We want to help you resolve them. 😉

Let us know if you require further assistance! 

RogersMaude

PKPK
I've been around
I have the same problem on SportsNet

Hi @PKPK and welcome to the Community!

We have responded to your private message and are happy to continue troubleshooting through there.

RogersZia

Tmothy12

@RogersMaude wrote:

Hey @Tmothy12,

Thank you for notifying us of the problem you faced. Has the situation evolved since you posted?

For future references, it would be most helpful if you could provide us with your location as well as the troubleshooting steps you've performed, when notifying the community of the issues you're experiencing. We want to help you resolve them. 😉

Let us know if you require further assistance! 

RogersMaude

A technician has since come by and swapped one of the boxes, this helped with the TV. Later on the internet dropping has also stopped, was probably a combination of sensitive hardware and an unstable connection in the area. 

Things are mostly fine now, strangely https://ignitetv.rogers.com/ app still refuses to load.image.png

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Tmothy12 Do you have any browser extensions installed or any form of content blocking active?  If so, that will break the https://ignitetv.rogers.com/ site and prevent the player from loading.

After disabling extensions, you will probably need to clear your cache, cookies and web site data/local storage.

Tmothy12

@-G- wrote:

@Tmothy12Do you have any browser extensions installed or any form of content blocking active?  If so, that will break the https://ignitetv.rogers.com/ site and prevent the player from loading.

After disabling extensions, you will probably need to clear your cache, cookies and web site data/local storage.

I tried disabling extensions last night and it still wasn't working. But today after turning on the computer it seems to be working fine. I had tried on more than one computer so I didn't think it could be extensions.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Tmothy12 wrote:

I tried disabling extensions last night and it still wasn't working. But today after turning on the computer it seems to be working fine. I had tried on more than one computer so I didn't think it could be extensions.

It's not immediately obvious that this is the cause.  When I tested using Firefox with uBlock Origin installed, something was getting stuck before I even got a login screen.

IgniteTV-loading.png

I inspected the page with Developer Tools and saw critical errors in the devtools Console.  Some code was bombing when the site was trying to fingerprint the computer/browser, presumably to generate a device ID.

When I disabled uBO on that page and reloaded, the site loaded fine.  It also loaded without any issues with extensions disabled.

danno100
I plan to stick around

Mine has been doing the same the past 2 days..noise in the coax cables. Until you get a fibre to the home , coax will always cause issues. Tired of calling to tell me there are issues in our area.

Tmothy12
No fibre available in my area. I wish service providers were as eager to roll out fibre as they are 5G. They are really taking their time.

FaithPlusOne
I'm here a lot

I had a similar problem.

I have my tv boxes connected to ethernet/hard wired, not wifi.  Eventually I had to install a gigabit switch on the second port of the ignite tower for only the tvs, with the first port for my internal network. I discovered when I run heavy bandwidth intensive apps or file transfers that the tvs would freeze or pause.  This solved the issue. 

Hi,

I have 2 Ignite TV boxes.

Box1 works fine but Box2 either freezes, screen goes black or cannot connect.

How can I find out if it's an "area issue" or if box2 is malfunctioning since Box1 works fine?

I already spent 1 hour with phone support rebooting modem, switching boxes location and still same problem.

I'm in Calgary T2Y area.

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Hello, @Pancho1.

I appreciate you joining this thread, and welcome to our Community!

It can be not very enjoyable when one of the boxes is not operating optimally. The troubleshooting done so far points to the WiFi performance at Box 2. The connectivity between the Box 2 and the modem is poor. 

We can rule out the area issue, as Box 1 works fine. It's disappointing that the support didn't take the following steps in resolving it for you. If Box 2 is close to the modem, you can connect with an Ethernet cable. 

However, please get in touch with us so we can work towards a resolution. 

Regards,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 11 in conversation