cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV Box Wont Power Up/Boot Up

Hansfre
I've been here awhile

followed the usual issues check list reset modem unplugged ignite tv box.  When plug in white light comes on and then usually the box will boot up.  Have 3 boxes and the 2 are fine and today the one box when unplugged and plugged in light comes on and nothing.  Does not do a boot and try power button on remote no dice.  took box and swapped out with another box using the existing cables and power cable at that location and still did not work whereas the box moved to the original location of the dead box using those cables and it worked.  Therefore eliminating bad cables or power supply????? I am gathering that this box is dead and will no longer boot up ...thoughts of suggestions?

Thank you.

***Edited Labels***

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Ignite TV Box Wont Power Up/Boot Up

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Hansfre  It's possible that the set-top box has died.  If you unplug power from the set-top box, turn your TV on, then power up the STB, do you see anything on the TV screen?  You should see a grey splash screen saying "Welcome. Bienvenido. Bienvenue." as the STB is booting up.

If you got the splash screen but the STB then did not turn on or start streaming, point the Rogers remote directly at the front of the STB and press the Mic button to see if the STB turns on.  (Make sure that you are using the remote that has been paired to that STB.  If the remote got unpaired, it might still communicate with the STB using IR but the IR receiver on the STB requires that you point the remote directly.  If the remote cannot communicate with the STB, you will hear an error tone (rather than a friendly "bloop") when you press the Mic button.)

If the box appears to be alive but does not respond to the remote, let us know and I can help you out further.  It might simply be that your remotes got unpaired and/or mixed up.

Hansfre
I've been here awhile

Thank you for your response.  There is no image on screen at all.  It is the remote that was paired to it have done the 10 sec power button hold.... spoken to it left uplugged overnight and plugged back in.  Reset modem then boxes.   Did the refresh on MyRogers website.  Nothing.  The other 2 boxes are fine.  I believe that it is dead.  the internet cable plug does not even flash at all.  Usually will see it flash as it is "talking" to the device. 

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Hansfre  Sorry to hear that.  To get this resolved, you will need to either call Tech Support or you can also try reaching out to the @CommunityHelps  team for assistance by sending them a Private Message.  (Click on the username, then click the "Send this User a Private Message" button.)

Once they confirm that your STB has failed and cannot be revived, they will arrange for a replacement to get sent to you.  If they send a replacement by courier, be sure to return your defective set-top box PROMPTLY to avoid getting hit with an Unreturned Equipment charge on your next bill.

bigyinsteel
I've been here awhile

I have the same issue and all steps have been done. The welcome screen appears and remains, without booting to the tv guide as it would have done in the past.

ColdGranite
I'm a senior contributor

@bigyinsteel wrote:

I have the same issue and all steps have been done. The welcome screen appears and remains, without booting to the tv guide as it would have done in the past.

Hi.... welcome to the forum.

If the box is currently expected to connect via  wifi, have you tried hard-wiring to the gateway, and see if there is a difference?

bigyinsteel
I've been here awhile
Box is on wifi and close to router. My 2 computers in the room have strong signal. The TV has strong signal,all other boxes in house work. Looks to me like this box is dud. Only 2 months old.

ColdGranite
I'm a senior contributor

@bigyinsteel wrote:
Box is on wifi and close to router. My 2 computers in the room have strong signal. The TV has strong signal,all other boxes in house work. Looks to me like this box is dud. Only 2 months old.

That happens.

But have you tried it with a hard-wire ethernet cable TV-box directly to router?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

...or, since you have several boxes, swap them around.  If the issue follows the box, then the box is the likely culprit.  If the issue stays with the location, then you'll need to sort out your WiFi or Ethernet or other.

MrDeez
I've been around

The tv box in my master bedroom doesn’t load anything. All the other TVs in my house load fine and working. Any ideas why?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@MrDeez wrote:

The tv box in my master bedroom doesn’t load anything. All the other TVs in my house load fine and working. Any ideas why?

My first thought is that you have poor network connectivity in that location.  One easy way to confirm that is to connect one of your other working set-top boxes to the TV in your bedroom to see if it still works there.

If you have Ignite Pods installed to extend your WiFi coverage, keep in mind that they need to be installed in a location that still has good connectivity to the Ignite modem.  If you install the Pod in a room with poor WiFi connectivity, the devices in the room will have a good connection to the Pod but the Pod itself will not be able to connect (or will have very poor/slow connectivity) to the Ignite modem and will not be able to relay traffic.

jrharv
I'm here a lot

Got error tone with Mic, no wlecome bienvenue screen shows

Greetings @jrharv!

Did this happen out of nowhere or after a reboot? Did it ever work or is this what happened upon the initial setup? Is there any light on the to of the Ignite TV box?

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 in conversation