cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite Remote

manofopera
I've been around
Wondering if by chance there is a way to change settings on the Ignite remote so that once a channel is input with the number keyboard that the channel changes automatically without having to press the Select button much the same way it used to work with the older remotes? This step of pressing the Select button is a challenge for seniors who forget that final step.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite Remote

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@manofopera wrote:  Wondering if by chance there is a way to change settings on the Ignite remote so that once a channel is input with the number keyboard that the channel changes automatically without having to press the Select button 

As discussed in several recent threads, the answer is no.  However, you can use the voice command to say "channel 3" or "Global", CP24, CBC, ABC, etc. and you will be taken directly to that channel.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@manofopera wrote:  Wondering if by chance there is a way to change settings on the Ignite remote so that once a channel is input with the number keyboard that the channel changes automatically without having to press the Select button 

As discussed in several recent threads, the answer is no.  However, you can use the voice command to say "channel 3" or "Global", CP24, CBC, ABC, etc. and you will be taken directly to that channel.

Doug2020
I've been here awhile
Can u use the voice command to jump ahead or back a frame or two?

Hi @Doug2020,

Welcome to the Community!

Yes you can absolutely use voice commands to skip ahead. You can also check out this page to see examples of voice commands.

RogersZia

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogersZia : What @Doug2020 was asking was whether the voice command could be used for Frame-by-frame advance.  I don't believe that it can - I just tested various words.

What you can do is say "skip ahead (or back) 20 seconds" or skip ahead 3 minutes, or skip ahead 2 hours, etc.

What you can also do is pause the recording and hit the FF button while paused. This will provide a half-speed slow motion.

Another thing you can do is press and hold the pause button. As long as you hold the pause button you will move ahead a few frames every second or so and if lucky can land on the frame of interest, but it's very difficult to do.

Doug2020
I've been here awhile

My current Bell Aliant remote has buttons that allow me to jump ahead 30 seconds or back 15 when play a recorded program.  I really enjoy this option and am going to miss it.  Will my new Rogers remote do something similar without using the voice command   Doug

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor
Yes, IgniteTV has a SKIP ahead or back buttons that can be programmed by the user to be either 15 sec., 30 sec., Or 5 minutes dumb that it's not 3 minutes like Rogers old digital tv PVR that I still use.

I assume you can set the skip ahead and skip back buttons so that one button is 15 sec. and other button is 30 seconds.

There are several threads about the remote button functions (even online manual that is recommended reading, since many buttons are not labelled in a user-friendly way - like Previous channel button is an arrow that shows Last 9 channels or streams you watched, and might want to go to).

You can use the forum Search bar at top of page to search for key words like Skip buttons, IgniteTV remote or Ignite Tv remote (there are different versions, but older ones are harder to find.

Doug2020
I've been here awhile
Wonderful. Thanks.

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

"dumb that it's not 3 minutes"

Say "skip ahead 3 minutes". Works great.

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 in conversation