cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IGNITE

BSPYYZ777
I've been here awhile

Just "upgraded" from digital TV to Ignite,and got reminded why I hate Rogers with such passion. This ignite is shiny internet television with the "modern" look, and that's fine, but what's behind that is the problem - equipment. Basically, it sucks.
Every time I turn the TV off, or go to Amazon, Disney, Netflix and try to go back to TV, the connection with the measly little ignite box is lost (and before you ask - it is not the TV, I checked left right center, IT IS NOT MY TV.). It is this unbelievably flimsy tiny little device that simply cannot maintain the signal. I have to reboot it, unplug from power, unplug HDMI, and do that 5-10 times, and if I'm lucky, I'll get the picture back...
I know everyone who reads these posts is already with Rogers and I cannot talk you out of it, but if you can (and I cannot) get out of it and go with Bell - I guarantee 100000000000000 times less problems and 1000000000000 times better TV, not to mention wifi, uncomparable, really.
I PRAY FOR THE THE DAY ROGERS GOES BANKRUPT AND OUT OF EXISTENCE, and that'll happen the moment our government stops Rogers monopoly and invites US providers...
This is preposterous and but hey, it's Rogers - road banditry at its best.

***Added Labels***

1 REPLY 1

Re: IGNITE

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@BSPYYZ777  Is the problem that the set-top box goes into standby?  If so, pressing a button (e.g. Guide) on the Ignite remote should wake the box.  You can also disable HDMI-CEC on the STB by going to "Settings / Device Settings / Power Preferences" and setting "HDMI Device Control (HDMI-CEC)" to Off.

Hope this helps.

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation