cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to record specific shows on specific days

Quicksilv3r
I've been here awhile

So I just made the switch from Rogers Digital cable with a Cisco 9865 PVR box to Ignite TV

my wife and I watch the CTV Toronto News at 6pm and I always record it so we can watch it after my toddler goes to sleep. I set it up to record and I look at my scheduled recordings and it’s going to record every instance of the news during the day, Noon, 6pm and 11pm. I just want the 6pm recording.

also, during NFL season, we used to watch CP24 for the Toronto news specifically on Sundays, and now it wants to record every instance during the day and every day, not on just a specific day.

i also record Sportsnet central, so i wake up in the morning and can watch it when I actually have a moment.

so we were used to hitting record series and saying “on this day” “at this time”. 

any help or tips or tricks.

***Added Labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How to record specific shows on specific days

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

"so we were used to hitting record series and saying “on this day” “at this time”. "

Ignite does not have this capability. I miss it. I manually set my daily news recording for the schedule's duration or else like you I would get evening and night news broadcast.

That's the only thing you can do.

Good Luck

Quicksilv3r
I've been here awhile

Wow, 

I can’t believe the technology has gone so far forward in so many ways, but yet has gone backwards on other things. 

terrible that something that should be so basic, isn’t something available to us. 

thanks for the answer 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There are numerous previous threads on this topic. Check out my post in the link below which summarizes options, other threads:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/How-to-record-this-program-on-this-channel-at-this-t...

There are some workarounds there, specifically only keeping one or two recordings.  Also, the news issue is really CTV's fault since they should be labelling the 12, 6 & 11 news as such.

This issue is fairly rare and for those instances, you'll either need to limit the number of recordings, or set single recordings.

ReneHache
I plan to stick around

I haven't test it yet, but I'm guessing it would have the same issue with NHK Newsline, since it air every hour, so the recording would record it every hour. They do update the show every few hours if I remember. I do watch live when I can. Same for APTN National News (airing 3 time a day)...
And since we're talking about recording and news, it would be nice to have ABC News Australia (not the US one), I know I can watch on the official YouTube, but specially with the 12-14 hours time difference, it would be nice to record the show that air during the day in Australia, that end up in the middle of the night here in Canada.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation