cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global TV app, channels not available

dave2552
I've been here awhile

I have the rogers ignite premier package.

I got the Global TV app to watch on demand shows on the History Channel.

But when I sign in using my rogers credentials, it says "based on my tv package, I have access to global and global news only".

Why is this? Because the global tv app says this:

Watch Global, HGTV, Food Network, Slice, History, W Network, Showcase, National Geographic, Adult Swim and 24/7 Global News LIVE or on Demand.

Access to each networkʼs library is completely free with a cable subscription to the channel(s)

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Global TV app, channels not available

Hello, @dave2552.

Welcome to our Community, and thank you for your post!

Limited access to the Global TV app is disappointing; it seems the app can't see your subscription. Is your Ignite TV account linked to your MyRogers profile?

Do you have the same issue with Global TV online (web version)?

You can sign into MyRogers online at rogers.com/myrogers and Unlink/Link your account. From the Settings/Linked Accounts menu, document your account number and Unlink the account. Link your account back. Please wait about half an hour after linking your account and sign out/ sign in to Glocal TV app to see if you have access to all the channels.

Please keep us posted.

Cheers,
RogersMoin

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

dave2552
I've been here awhile
To follow on, within the global tv app, all the channels, except for global and global news, say "subscribe to watch".

However, I get all these channels with my tv premier package. So, why can't I watch shows from these channels through this app?

Hello, @dave2552.

Welcome to our Community, and thank you for your post!

Limited access to the Global TV app is disappointing; it seems the app can't see your subscription. Is your Ignite TV account linked to your MyRogers profile?

Do you have the same issue with Global TV online (web version)?

You can sign into MyRogers online at rogers.com/myrogers and Unlink/Link your account. From the Settings/Linked Accounts menu, document your account number and Unlink the account. Link your account back. Please wait about half an hour after linking your account and sign out/ sign in to Glocal TV app to see if you have access to all the channels.

Please keep us posted.

Cheers,
RogersMoin

dave2552
I've been here awhile
Thanks, this has worked to show all the channels.

However, for some reason, all the on demand shows are low resolution and not HD on my smart TV. The live channels seem to be fine.

But the on demand shows are HD on my laptop. Just not the TV. They are terrible quality.

Any idea why this could be happening?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@dave2552 wrote:
Thanks, this has worked to show all the channels.

However, for some reason, all the on demand shows are low resolution and not HD on my smart TV. The live channels seem to be fine.

But the on demand shows are HD on my laptop. Just not the TV. They are terrible quality.

Any idea why this could be happening?

These sorts of issues are usually DRM-related.

I tried this link/unlink recommendation and I see no change. I actually get Adult Swim (not subscribed) but not Magnolia (subscribed) which is what I want. Any other thing I can try? I’ve tried to unsubscribe magnolia and subscribe again and that doesn’t seem to work.

Hello, @skimaestro2003 

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

We definitely want to help you get access to your channels remotely.

• Can you describe how you are accessing Magnolia? It is via a website or a TVGO app? 
  • What is happening when you try to access this channel?
  • Do you get an error message of any kind?

We look forward to hearing from you.

RogersTony

On my Firestick Global TV app. However I tried Global on the web and my Global iOS app too. All show I don’t subscribe to the Magnolia network (but I do Adult Swim which I don’t) and to contact Togers. My guess is Global is getting an older list of my subscription (which never gets updated as I’ve exchanged channels and it doesn’t make a difference).

Hi @skimaestro2003,

Thank you for the updated information. We can certainly check to ensure your account is updated to reflect the correct channels you are subscribed to.

Please feel free to send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our private messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Regards
RogersJermaine

Molly9
I've been around

I too am having the same issues trying to stream on demand shows through the global app. It states I only have access to Global News which is wrong as I have a few other channels included in my cable package. The food channel is the one I am trying to access and I have that in my package for sure. I did reach out to Rogers over the phone and they said they fixed my issue. It is not. I just spent over 45 minutes with Rogers chat on FB and he said he would do a refresh.  Still no fix. I did as suggested and unlinked and linked my account and that didn't work. 

I did reach out to Global this is what they suggested: Please contact Rogers Technical Support or a supervisor and request them to refresh your entitlements and/or check for service handles in your account for Global TV services on the web. 

Can someone please help me as I really would like to stream shows I've missed on the food network and forgot to PVR lol

Good morning @Molly9!

I am sorry for the difficulties you're encountering, I can refresh your entitlements from here.

Please feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 in conversation