cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete a recorded program

Profj
I've been around

I have had Ignite Tv for about a month and wish I had never made the switch from cable.

It is easy to see how to delete a recorded program that I have not yet watched but for a show I have watched the delete icon does not appear.  Help?

Is it impossible to fast forward through all taped programs, or just some?

Still no Call Display?

***Edited Labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Delete a recorded program

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Profj wrote: 1. It is easy to see how to delete a recorded program that I have not yet watched but for a show I have watched the delete icon does not appear.  Help?

2. Is it impossible to fast forward through all taped programs, or just some?

3. Still no Call Display?

1. Assuming you're still "in/watching" the programme, hit Exit. You should be taken back to the list of recorded programmes. Move to the (X) on the right side of the list and delete the recording.  If you are near the end of the recording, hitting the Exit key may take you directly to the delete option because Ignite will know that you're finished watching that recording.  I believe if you FF (using high speed to save time) to the end of the programme, you will also be presented with a delete option.

Edit: If the Exit key takes you back to one in a series of recordings, you simply select the desired programme and you are presented with a Delete option at the bottom of the screen.

2. You should be able to FF through any recording.  You may not be able to FF some on-demand programming depending on rights.  Most premium OD programming you can FF.

3. Nope.

Re: Delete a recorded program

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Profj wrote:

I have had Ignite Tv for about a month and wish I had never made the switch from cable.

When you have been using any service for a long time, changing to a different one will be awkward for a while.  There are things about Ignite TV that are great; also a lot of things that are clumsy and unnatural that you just need to get used to.

It is easy to see how to delete a recorded program that I have not yet watched but for a show I have watched the delete icon does not appear.  Help?

Yes, it is easy to delete an entire series of recordings (due to how they are grouped) when you only want to delete a single episode.  Fortunately, you can find your Recently Deleted recordings at the bottom of your Recordings list, and they are easy to recover.

Is it impossible to fast forward through all taped programs, or just some?

As far as I know, you should be able to fast-forward though all recorded programs... unless something got messed up with how the content rights got set up for the program in the back-end.

When watching On-Demand content, you can fast-forward through some programs in their entirety; some do not allow you to skip commercials; some block FF and Rewind.  It all depends on the content rights that Rogers is enforcing for the program and/or the originating network.

Still no Call Display?

No, not yet.  Rogers' Home Phone is different from the one than Comcast uses.  We don't know when or if Rogers will ever get on-screen call display working on Ignite TV.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation