cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choppy picture - SNONE 4K

Lurker_Returns
I'm a reliable contributor

For a while now, SNOne 4k (996) has had a choppy picture and sound.

I have done the following:
-Rebooted the modem
-Rebooted the box
- checked the wifi strength (box has reported weak AND very strong signals at times)
- switched to wired connection

None of these things have helped.

Moving the modem to another location isn't an option. I haven't paid attention as to if it's an issue on other boxes but will do so and report back.

Anything else I should try? I watch a lot of Jays and this is gonna be annoying all season.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Choppy picture - SNONE 4K

reed935
I plan to stick around

I have the same problems when watching any hockey game in 4K, to the point where I no longer even try to watch the 4K broadcasts.  Kind of annoying given the boxes are supposed to support them.  Also annoying is the notification you get on the HD channel, that points you towards the 4K channel ...

Grangerw
I've been here awhile
I have the same problem too. Choppy is a great description. No issues on HD or other 4k content. I could have written the exact same post as you. Raptors we’re bad coming in and out of commercials too. I also get 8 white dots on the left hand side of the screen during Jays 4K games at home. Watching them in Cleveland right now and the dots aren’t there, but they’ll be back when they’re in TO again. It would be nice if Rogers would acknowledge these issues so that we wouldn’t have to waste our time trying to come up with fixes that don’t exist.

Lurker_Returns
I can confirm that SNOne is choppy on other boxes, even ones with a good wifi connection.

So either all of my boxes are malfunctioning, it the issue is with the Sportsnet ONe 4k feed itself.

Anyone able to provide troubleshooting advice?

Hello, @Lurker_Returns.

Thank you for flagging the video/audio issues with SN1 4K channel. I appreciate the troubleshooting you have done so far and also checking the channel on all of your STBs. 

Have you noticed similar issues with other 4K channels? 

We can collect the required data and submit a ticket on your behalf. Please drop us a line in PM.

@reed935 & @Grangerw - May I request you both to send us a private message as well at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog. More tickets can yield quick results.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I just tuned in to check on this channel (SN14K, 996).  It's awful.  Choppy, even on commercials.  Definitely something wrong here. My other 4K channels are fine.

I'm not sure if this has something to do with the number of people who may be tuning in...

zimmergr
I've been around
I am having the exact same problems as others described here. SN1 4k has a choppy picture and sound

Lurker_Returns
Of the 4k channels I have, it's only Sportsnet One that is problematic.

Will DM you for information collection .

Grangerw
I've been here awhile
My other 4K channels load slowly, but Sportsnet1 is the only channel with “choppy” issues.

Lurker_Returns
Just for information, SNOne was working flawlessly for me this afternoon during the Jays game. Hopefully, it will continue going forward ...
Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 in conversation