cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change to Ignite flex 20 including sports?

jimk1
I plan to stick around

I just noticed that my package Ignite flex 20 including sports now has reduced channels and can only pick 13 flex channels. 

Did Rogers quietly change this to make it worse?

***Added Labels***

19 REPLIES 19

Re: Change to Ignite flex 20 including sports?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jimk1 wrote:

I just noticed that my package Ignite flex 20 including sports now has reduced channels and can only pick 13 flex channels. 

Did Rogers quietly change this to make it worse?

No, Rogers will not reduce the total number of channels that you get in your current Ignite bundle.  This is due to a bug in Rogers' web site, that coincided with the introduction of new Ignite TV packages on November 1, 2023.  I saw the same with Premier and have already reported the problem.  Hopefully, it will get fixed soon.

Until then, if you need to exchange Flex Channels, you will need to contact Rogers tech support (or send a PM to the @CommunityHelps team) and they will perform the swap for you.

jimk1
I plan to stick around

Its not that I need to change channels. It just automatically took away 7 channels that were in my flex choices. I effectively have 7 less channels until they sort it out.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jimk1 wrote:

Its not that I need to change channels. It just automatically took away 7 channels that were in my flex choices. I effectively have 7 less channels until they sort it out.

Did you actually lose access to some channels on your set-top boxes or do you just see incorrect channel counts on MyRogers?

The last time I checked, I still had access to all of my channels, despite MyRogers showing 82 Total/50 Flex (rather than 93/63) channels on my Premier subscription.

jimk1
I plan to stick around

I actually lost channels. One of them was adultswim and I had Rick and Morty setup to record every new episode and take me to the channel when it started. It's the only reason I realized something happened

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jimk1 wrote:

I actually lost channels. One of them was adultswim and I had Rick and Morty setup to record every new episode and take me to the channel when it started. It's the only reason I realized something happened

Yikes, that should not have happened!

Tagging @CommunityHelps .  You should also send them a private message to get this resolved.

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

Yes it seems that Flex 20 has been unilaterally changed to Flex 16.

My Flex 20 flex channels are now 16 flex channels. 

So 4 of my selected flex channels have been removed, not sure which ones, wonder how Rogers decides which ones they remove?

Flex 20 not anymore.png

I went online to change my flex channels a couple of days ago only to discover it stated I only have 17 available flex channels!! I started a chat and spoke to 2 different reps who could not tell me why I only had 17, nor could they fix it. Has anyone else had the number of Flex channels reduced? I didn't even get into the fact that when I changed my package in February 2023 that the number of flex channels changed from 28 previously to 22 with the Flex 20 + Sports. I have yet to understand that logic! I just want my (supposedly) 3 missing Flex Channels back.

Any help or similar experience?

***Edited Labels***

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@catra107  You are not the only person to see this.  Something got messed up on Rogers' end and it coincided with the introduction of the new Ignite TV packages on November 1.

I reported the problem to Rogers last week and they confirmed it, but I have not heard any updates as to when it might get fixed.

catra107
I'm here a lot
That's good to know. Thanks.
Has anyone else also had their TV signal drop out intermittently to a black screen and no audio for about 5 seconds, then come back on?
Is this a glitch with the "upgrades" too?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@catra107 wrote:
Has anyone else also had their TV signal drop out intermittently to a black screen and no audio for about 5 seconds, then come back on?
Is this a glitch with the "upgrades" too?

Yes.  I have also noticed this with Xi6-T set-top boxes at my house and my parents'.  (Problem is being discussed here and here.)  Not network-related; basically the HDMI connection is dropping for some reason.  Rogers is aware of the problem and is investigating.

Fc-10
I've been here awhile

Yes I have noticed the same issue. We have the Flex 20 including sports package and the channel count shows 15 flex channels and 47 total.  Not sure which channels have been lost / removed?  I have reported this to Rogers tech support and they agreed it’s not correct and supposedly are investigating. 

We have also noticed the random, brief “black screen” outages. 

geddo
I plan to stick around

Last month, I ordered the Flex 20 with Sports bundle. It was 20 flex channels with 50 total channels. 

I went to check this month, and now it says the Flex 20 is 12 flex channels, and 45 total???

What exactly does Flex 20 mean now? 

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@geddo wrote:

Last month, I ordered the Flex 20 with Sports bundle. It was 20 flex channels with 50 total channels. 

I went to check this month, and now it says the Flex 20 is 12 flex channels, and 45 total???

What exactly does Flex 20 mean now? 

Rogers made some changes last week that messed up our ability to manage our TV packages on MyRogers.

It looks like things are back to normal again, at least for me.  I can exchange (the correct number of) Flex Channels again and no longer get a blank popup when I click "Manage Channels and Theme Packs".

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

Yes looks back to normal this morning indicating 20 flex channels.

Fc-10
I've been here awhile

Whatever the problem was, it seems to have been corrected. I checked this morning and it’s back to 20 flex channels. 

Rickyjc27
I've been around

Hi I was on the flex 20 and sports. It was set to expire so rogers called me to get another package to replace it. Was suppose to be 2 dollars more.  It is the preferred package. But since I changed it there is no flex channels and the ones I want I can't get. Let's say after more than 30 years as a customer I am not very happy . I want my old package back.

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

Looks like rogers have dropped all the flex channel packages.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Biollw wrote:

Looks like rogers have dropped all the flex channel packages.

The channel packages were changed on November 1, 2023 - link below:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Changes-to-Ignite-TV-Channels-in-Packages-and-Theme-...

If you're currently on Flex, you can keep it grandfathered, but if you make changes to the package, you will lose it and only have the options outlined on November 1 - Starter, Popular, Total.

@Rickyjc27 : I'm not sure if Rogers can switch you "back" because the Flex packages are no longer "in the system".

SQUARE7
I plan to stick around

Last week I renewed my bundle for 2 more years.  I was able to still get flex channels, actually went from 5 flex to 10 flex channels.

Topic Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 9 in conversation