cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Biggest drawbacks of IgniteTV

wayner92
I'm a senior contributor

I switched from legacy digital cable to IgniteTV a few months ago and for the most part it is a pretty good system. The voice control is excellent and I think that this is an improvement on legacy cable.  But it isn't perfect.  Here is my view on the biggest drawbacks, and some of these are fixable if Rogers is listening:

1. Latency - what you are watching is not live and can be somewhat behind real time which can be an issue with sports.
  2. No apps for TV OSes like AppleTV, Roku, etc - these apps are available from Comcast in the US, why won't Rogers bring them here?
  3. No box purchase option - $10/month/box is too much for a box that I should be able to buy for a reasonable.  An AppleTV device costs about $150 - I should be able to buy an IgniteTV box for $150 or less.  You used to be able to buy 
  4. No way to disable the screensaver - the box brings up a screensaver every four hours - you should be able to turn this off.
  5. Limited recording space - I would like to be able to save more shows.  Why not have an option to pay more for more storage, or increase the storage space over time as hard drives are cheap and getting bigger and cheaper.
1 REPLY 1

Re: Biggest drawbacks of IgniteTV

RogersMoin

Hello, @wayner92.

We appreciate you being our Community member and sharing your feedback on Ignite TV.

We are glad to hear you are finding the Ignite TV primarily good. We appreciate you highlighting both the positive aspects and areas where you feel we can improve.

Your input is invaluable as we continue to enhance the Ignite TV experience.

Cheers,
RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 in conversation