cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality of service in general

DoBetterCableCo
I've been here awhile

Finally I have to vent. Apart from the 2 days where we had no TV service because of the Rogers Network crash in July 2022, I would have hoped that Ignite TV was glitch free since I was forced to change to it. Wrong. There has been glitches from day one. I would have hoped that after July 8, 2022 and subsequently receiving a emailed letter that was distributed to all the customers from Rogers top brass that they would do better. Nope , little glitches continued. So many to list. I’ll give one example. I’ve set up multiple series recordings and the “glitch” would be that some channels the following week would not show series recording. So you try to reset  it but the STB won’t do it. You had to go day by day to set the recording. Following week, same thing. The week after, the series recording for those channels returned ….. Magic. Since I moved to the area and the service provider changing thru the years and yes I know that technology has changed ….

1) Mountain Cable

2) Shaw Cable

3) Rogers - Digital Box

4) Rogers Ignite a distant last

Do better. 

***Edited Labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Quality of service in general

RogersMoin

Hello, @DoBetterCableCo.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We appreciate your candid thoughts about the Ignite TV service. While it's disappointing that the Ignite TV service hasn't met your expectations, your input is invaluable in helping us improve.

We understand how frustrating it can be when glitches impact your viewing pleasure. The issue you've described with series recordings not consistently working on specific channels is certainly something we want to address.

Our Community is a great place to connect with other users, share experiences, and seek assistance. Feel free to post your concerns here when you encounter any issues, especially related to series recordings or other aspects of Ignite TV. Our advanced users and resident experts are always ready to lend a helping hand.

Your feedback matters to us, and we're committed to making Ignite TV better. As technology evolves, we strive to enhance the user experience and resolve glitches promptly. Rest assured that your voice contributes to our ongoing efforts.

Thank you for being part of our Community, and we look forward to your continued participation. 

Regards,
RogersMoin

One issue subsides and another pops up. This time it’s not being able to delete a recorded program. You get a pop up saying there’s some sort of error and a restart STB. Of course that doesn’t work. The unplug your STB box as a solution when you call customer service is getting old. You gotta get out of the 1950’s where you banged the top of your TV to make it work. Understand, that customers know that things happen and you have a glitch once in a while, but this is constant.

@DoBetterCableCo : Although this will happen occasionally, I have the following suggestions:

1. If you can get back to the recordings or other live or recorded programming, simply ignore the error message. This can sometimes pop up when there are minor network connection issues such as when the STB becomes sluggish.  When/if the box becomes sluggish, try to slow down the clicking on the remote and allow the box to "catch up" with the button presses.  After an hour or so, I find the sluggishness with usually abate.

2. If the recorded programme is still there later in the day, when in the recorded list, select the programme and hit the "D" button, which should delete it.

I have not encountered this issue "constantly" but probably once or twice a month and have learned to ignore the pop-ups since they rarely contain correct or useful information, much like the pop-ups I often see when surfing the web, etc.

3. Once in a while, say once a month, when you're not planning on doing anything with Rogers for a few minutes, perform a restart of your system, either using the box or the home connect app.  This usually takes about 5-6 minutes and affects TV and Internet.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation